Spouse visa - accomodation requirement

Old Jun 28th 2020, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

HBen40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa - accomodation requirement

We are applying for a spouse visa for my husband (from New Zealand) and I was just wondering if anyone could help with a couple of questions about the accommodation requirement. We have three children aged 5, 8, and 12 and will be living with my Mum when we first get to the UK. She has a 3 bedroom house with a large lounge with a sofa bed and two separate bathrooms. There is adequate room/beds for us all. However there will be 6 people living in a 3 bedroom house, would that be classed as overcrowding? My younger two will share a bedroom (twin beds) and my oldest daughter will sleep in the lounge, or in my Mum's room, in her own bed. We won't be living there forever, just until we get ourselves set up.

I also just wanted to check that we have all the documentation that we need. At the moment I have a copy of the deeds to my Mum's house and she has written a letter saying she is happy for us to live at the house for as long as we need and detailing the number of bedrooms, living room and bathrooms. Do we also need to include sizes of the bedrooms or a plan of the house? Is there anything else anyone would suggest including'/ I may have missed?

My other question was about a police clearance. Nowhere can I find anything that says we need to provide a police certificate from New Zealand but when I applied for a spouse visa in NZ I had to get a police clearance from the UK. Am I missing something somewhere, or is this not a requirement for a UK spouse visa? He has never had a criminal conviction, I'm just surprised that it doesn't seem to be a requirement.

Thanks so much in advance for your help.
Old Jun 29th 2020, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa - accomodation requirement

You should obtain a property report which will detail all the room sizes etc. I don't believe the house will be overcrowded.

A police report is not required.