Spouse Visa Accommodation & Travel history

Old Mar 13th 2017, 4:24 am
Just Joined

timshep is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa Accommodation & Travel history

hi everyone,

First post so please be gentle.

I'm a UK national and am expecting to bring my Singaporean wife of 33 years to the UK to retire. We are both in our early 60's. I have three questions that I can't seem to find the answers to even after a fairly thorough search here and elsewhere.

Accommodation-We shall be moving into a new build home in York due for completion pretty much the same time we arrive in the UK, 1 July 2017. I have a land registry doc which shows we own the land but the property was demolished to build the new one. Would a copy of the architects plans, a copy of the contract with the builder, a copy of the successful planning application be all required? I have council tax bills but they date to last November and subsequently they became zero rated once the building was demolished.

Travel History: Am I right we can limit this to the last ten years which may cover two passports? Thats a lot of holidays!

Work/Pay slips: Do either of us have to show payslips or in my case a contract and whats the reason for that? My wife retired literally last week and I shall be doing the day we leave Singapore so I am not sure why these might be needed. My wife has the necessary cash savings from a house sale. I don't believe as a uk national I need to show how I would support my self (in retirement ) but is it recommended that I show evidence that I am financially stable?

Continuation/Cohabitation: I have multiple joint accounts addressed to our home address plus many remortgage documents-do I need to send the full document in or is the cover page that shows the basic information including our addresses acceptable?

Many thanks for reading this. Having taught migration for most of my teaching career its odd and somewhat frightening that we are swept up in the tightening changes that seem to sweeping the globe.

Tim.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Accommodation & Travel history

Originally Posted by timshep
hi everyone,

First post so please be gentle.

I'm a UK national and am expecting to bring my Singaporean wife of 33 years to the UK to retire. We are both in our early 60's. I have three questions that I can't seem to find the answers to even after a fairly thorough search here and elsewhere.

Accommodation-We shall be moving into a new build home in York due for completion pretty much the same time we arrive in the UK, 1 July 2017. I have a land registry doc which shows we own the land but the property was demolished to build the new one. Would a copy of the architects plans, a copy of the contract with the builder, a copy of the successful planning application be all required? I have council tax bills but they date to last November and subsequently they became zero rated once the building was demolished.

Travel History: Am I right we can limit this to the last ten years which may cover two passports? Thats a lot of holidays!

Work/Pay slips: Do either of us have to show payslips or in my case a contract and whats the reason for that? My wife retired literally last week and I shall be doing the day we leave Singapore so I am not sure why these might be needed. My wife has the necessary cash savings from a house sale. I don't believe as a uk national I need to show how I would support my self (in retirement ) but is it recommended that I show evidence that I am financially stable?

Continuation/Cohabitation: I have multiple joint accounts addressed to our home address plus many remortgage documents-do I need to send the full document in or is the cover page that shows the basic information including our addresses acceptable?

Many thanks for reading this. Having taught migration for most of my teaching career its odd and somewhat frightening that we are swept up in the tightening changes that seem to sweeping the globe.

Tim.
on the accommodation I would write a covering note explaining as you did above, and enclose the documents you mention, are you sure the property will be ready? builders are often late. you could stay with family or friends, if they write a letter of consent and you can show the property is large enough not to be overcrowded.

savings route. I believe the funds need to be kept never dipping below the £62,500 over six months. You will need to show statements to this effect. However if funds are from a house sale then the period is shorter/ not required. There is a thread on this in the forum which you could search on. you need to show source of funds ( so the sale contract).

I am not sure if the savings should be in a joint account. San diego giril will be able to answer this. Also the bank they are held in needs to be on an approved list I think. I did read of someone whose bank was not acceptable but cannot give more details. If you go the savings route you do not need pay slips. The savings route is the simplest.

as you have been married 33 years , hopefully the burden of proof is less!. Again someone on the forum may clarify
Using your example of joint accounts addresses, over a period of time is good. Do you have any utility bills in joint names? They usually want different types of documents with addresses.

I cannot answer you on travel history..!