Spouse visa - accommodation

Old Apr 3rd 2014, 11:16 am
Just Joined

EDABZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa - accommodation

I've gone thro HO Immigration Rules Appendix FM and FM-SE. I noted the only mention of accommodation is within Appendix FM, within the Entry Clearance part; Section E-ECP 3.4.

Does a long term service apartment or hotel qualify since it's
(a) no recourse to public funds
(b) not overcrowded
(c) doesn't contravene public health regulations

... while rental or house purchase option is being considered?

Anyone here tried that method? We have friends back home but rather not use them.

Thanks.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice
Default Re: Spouse visa - accommodation

Hi ED,
I don't know the answer. But I think so long as you can show you can afford to stay in a hotel and perhaps a booking for a period of time (six months?) then I think you should be ok.

Or if you do have friends who could write a letter saying you are staying with them and that they have the room perhaps you should do that. Once you get there no one will check that you are living there (will they?). You can still stay in a hotel?

Cheers
Nigel
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

From another forum, it is advised that giving a hotel as accommodation will not be acceptable to UKVI. They want to see a tenancy agreement of your own or a letter from friends to say you can stay with them. In the latter case, you have to include an inspection report to show there will be no overcrowding, tenancy agreement or land registry documents, council tax bill and a letter from the friends inviting you to stay.

As to whether they check to see if you are really where you say you will be, who knows, Nigel?! I would not risk it! If you are found to be lying, it could jeopardize this and future visas.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice

yeah michali is probably right. Rethink it. Get a friend or relative involved.

I am in the middle of this process too. We will move into a house that I now jointly own with my sister in the UK. Its my deceased fathers house. I will include a detailed letter from my sister explaining the whole situation. Plus copies of deeds, probate and Dads Will. Plus last years "for sale' literature to show size and number of rooms etc (we did not sell as I have decided to move into it). So don't take this lightly. Suggest you get a friend involved.

Cheers
Nigel
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

EDABZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys.

Sigh....So that means I have to go sort out rental before my wife and son (British Citizen) can come over. New job and then to find suitable rent. UK government is making things so darn difficult for honest folks.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EDABZ
Thanks guys.

Sigh....So that means I have to go sort out rental before my wife and son (British Citizen) can come over. New job and then to find suitable rent. UK government is making things so darn difficult for honest folks.
It is not good. I hate the whole process. But I really feel for those honest hard working folks who cant make the various thresholds. And there are a lot that can't. The UK gov has made it, for all intense and purposes, illegal to marry a foreigner for probably about half of the population. Its not nice to think we come from a country who's gov tells its citizens who they can and cant fall in love with.

I am sure you can work something out re: accommodation - good luck
Cheers
Nigel