Spouse visa

Old Jun 23rd 2021, 1:33 am
Just Joined

Sedat94 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa

Hello,

Couple people told me that for my soon to be wife will need to be 21 to come and join me in the uk?
i am a British citizen and she is currently in turkey we are soon going to be married but she is not 21.
she is 18 i am aware of all the requirements about her learning english and the money i need to be earning also.
but is it true that that age limit has or will be changed?
thanks for all advice
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 1:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa

Apply as a partner or spouse

To apply as a partner, you and your partner both need to be 18 or over
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 1:57 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sedat94
Hello,

Couple people told me that for my soon to be wife will need to be 21 to come and join me in the uk?
i am a British citizen and she is currently in turkey we are soon going to be married but she is not 21.
she is 18 i am aware of all the requirements about her learning english and the money i need to be earning also.
but is it true that that age limit has or will be changed?
thanks for all advice
Your marriage needs to one that's recognised in the UK. Marrying at 18 is legal in the UK so your wife to be's age isn't a problem.
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 2:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Your marriage needs to one that's recognised in the UK. Marrying at 18 is legal in the UK so your wife to be's age isn't a problem.
What do you mean by my marriage needs to be one that is recognised in the uk?
if i get married in turkey (thats where she is) will that be recognised then?
thanks
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 4:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Presuming you are having a recognised civil marriage in Turkey by a Turkish official and you will have all the necessary documents to show such marriage, it will be recognised in the UK
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 5:03 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Presuming you are having a recognised civil marriage in Turkey by a Turkish official and you will have all the necessary documents to show such marriage, it will be recognised in the UK
As SanDiegogirl has explained above.

If your marriage is legally recognised (ie a legal marriage) in Turkey, it will also be legally recognised in the UK.
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 11:18 am
Just Joined

There is no such thing as being 21 correct?
anybody have any idea where this 21 came out of then?
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 11:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

There is no such thing as being 21 correct?
anybody have any idea where this 21 came out of then?
Best to ask the 'couple of people' who've told you it's 21, I'm not sure any of us can guess where they've got that from.
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

mavaas11 is an unknown quantity at this point

its 18 the age for marriage, also have a marriage in turkey and get the official marriage certificate from Turkey and get in it translated by public notary to English