Spouse visa

Old Jan 13th 2013, 9:35 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa

Originally Posted by uk_vette
YES THERE ARE - UKBA ARE NOT INFALLIBLE

incredibly strict human migration rules that China has

.You clearly have been reading and watching too many Daily Wails,and BBC.

When you have lived over here for as long as I have, then come back and comment correctly..

I just picked these two quotes from your post, I haven't read the remainder.

Gra.
Tone down the font, it's rude. We can read it without you having to blind us with "big red".
Old Jan 13th 2013, 11:05 am
advocatus diaboli

Panhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nice

Originally Posted by WEBlue

Many of us are upset and angry about the rules, .

I wouldn't be surprised if they make some amendments to the rules, lets face it they are penalising the wrong group. Spouses partners probably make up a tiny portion of migrant intake, and I would say a larger amount of them would be pretty much financially sound.
Its all those EU economic migrants that are the real issue here, there numbers are huge and they dont need a brass razoo to enter the Uk and yet they can milk the welfare system etc.

its just not British, slamming the door shut on a fellow Brit!

I wonder what Winston would make of it!
Old Jan 13th 2013, 11:10 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ldollard
Are you a troll? That's the second post of mine you've tried to negatively disseminate. Two words "hukou system".

You should probably acquaint yourself with sections 1,2 and 4 of the site rules.
He ain't a troll, i would say 'he knows his rights' UKBA ain't invincible, if you LOOK deep within the system there's always a way around this.

Just because he speaks his mind you call him a troll?

Still it's upsetting that if my own country deny my wife... i feel like starting a mass riot against the MP'S and that bitch 'MAY' -_-

I assume you're in UK with you're wife via spouse yes? before the rules came into play ?
Old Jan 13th 2013, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

If I 'hated and resented' a country I'm not all sure I'd be moving heaven and earth to live there.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 9:24 pm
Firetrak

ldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vexcore
He ain't a troll, i would say 'he knows his rights' UKBA ain't invincible, if you LOOK deep within the system there's always a way around this.

Just because he speaks his mind you call him a troll?

Still it's upsetting that if my own country deny my wife... i feel like starting a mass riot against the MP'S and that bitch 'MAY' -_-

I assume you're in UK with you're wife via spouse yes? before the rules came into play ?
No not at all, i'm still in California, wish I was there already. Sadly there is no LEGAL way around it, i'm just trying to make it clear there's no point fantasizing about doing anything different.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 9:31 pm
Firetrak

ldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
If I 'hated and resented' a country I'm not all sure I'd be moving heaven and earth to live there.
Yeah my words where a little strong, i should replace "country" with Teresa May and immigration. But at the same time, whats happening to our country when its own citizens are punished and millions of EU people can migrate without an issue.

I believe the UK is stronger with the EU, but it seems that unlimited EU migration, was one of the worst EU laws ever made. There should have been a quota system instead.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 4:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

wouldn't calling it cheating i call it misdirection

No one is 'clean on this forum' no matter what they say.
No-one is welcome on this forum unless they are "clean"as you put it. People trying to work out scams and ways around the rules are not welcome, and if detected will be banned.

The officers get that crap all the time.... with people 'bullshitting' stories.
And most of them have ways of detecting that type of story. It has been known for many years that case officers in immigration departments in various countries browse the forums of BE. I wouldn't be surprised if the UK has followed suit due to the vast increase in immigration dicsussions here lately.

Originally Posted by WEBlue

I disagree. Most of us are doing our best to stay within the rules. That's the whole purpose of our exchanging information here. We're all researching like mad to understand exactly what is legal & what is not under these new rules (they've only been in effect 6 months).

Many of us are upset and angry about the rules, but would never attempt to break or contravene them. Your coming into this thread to rant and ask about how to break the rules is not at all helpful to anyone, not even you.
Thats exactly how we would like it to stay. Those asking how to break the rules will have a short career with us.

Originally Posted by uk_vette
YES THERE ARE - UKBA ARE NOT INFALLIBLE

incredibly strict human migration rules that China has
Please cut out the unnecessary large red text. It is considered very aggressive and is generally poor netiquette.

=============================

Could I also ask certain posters to tone down their language. Unnecessary swearing and bad language causes offence to many other posters. Please stop and use more acceptable language, especially in a serious thread such as this.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 7:15 pm
Firetrak

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No-one is welcome on this forum unless they are "clean"as you put it. People trying to work out scams and ways around the rules are not welcome, and if detected will be banned.

And most of them have ways of detecting that type of story. It has been known for many years that case officers in immigration departments in various countries browse the forums of BE. I wouldn't be surprised if the UK has followed suit due to the vast increase in immigration dicsussions here lately.

Thats exactly how we would like it to stay. Those asking how to break the rules will have a short career with us.

Please cut out the unnecessary large red text. It is considered very aggressive and is generally poor netiquette.

=============================

Could I also ask certain posters to tone down their language. Unnecessary swearing and bad language causes offence to many other posters. Please stop and use more acceptable language, especially in a serious thread such as this.
Completely agree. Especially chatting about ways to cheat the system. That's pretty silly considering UKBA would be trolling these boards hoping to catch cheats.

Not to mention its illegal and will cause you more hardship in the long run.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 9:19 am
Just Joined

swapcrate is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been reading this Thread and its very interesting.

Im a NZer, and my spouse is UK citizen. We live in NZ. I have property that I am selling to meet the Financial Requirements. I earn the money and my spouse looks after our little boy. I earn enough, and when I'm in the UK I contract and earn more then enough.

Our goal is to come back to the UK to setup a business (Startup) and for me to contract as an IT & Finance contractor (not part of the Startup). I will contract until my startup is working and Im earning enough revenue that can support me and my family, and we can grow the business.

My spouse does not need to work as I will earn all the money. Which doesn't help us for this visa. But I want her home looking after our boy.

The problem for me is that I want to come over as soon as possible as I really want to get cracking on my business. I will have the money eventually, from my property sale. But the property sale seems to be classed as savings, and may mean I have to wait a further 6 months.

Does anyone know if the sale of my land is classed as savings, and does this mean I will have have to wait another 6 months, once my property has sold?

People have mentioned gifts, I can get people who are part of my startup to gift me money, if that is the word. Then once I have sold my land I can re-gift the money back. So effectively my 6 months of savings starts when the gift hits my account.

This is only an idea as I want to cover the six months as soon as possible. If I wait for my property to be sold it may be about 4 months, before I have anything to place into my account, and then I will have to wait a further 6 months, if selling my property falls under savings.

I have looked at the entrepreneurs visa, this is another option, as it does not need savings for 6 months, but the spousal visa, makes the most sense since my partner is Welsh. And the entrepreneurs visa is 200K, which may be a stretch. But it is an option.

As an aside, we love living in NZ and we are content here, we will move back eventually, but my business can only get started in the UK as I have a license for my particular business in the UK. So regulations mean I can only promote it in the UK, and run it in the UK. That's why I'm keen to get over there and get going. We didn't realise these changes were happening, so it kind of took us by surprise.

Anyway, there seems to be a lot of good advice on here. So just asking a question.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Feb 13th 2013, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swapcrate
The problem for me is that I want to come over as soon as possible as I really want to get cracking on my business. I will have the money eventually, from my property sale. But the property sale seems to be classed as savings, and may mean I have to wait a further 6 months.

Does anyone know if the sale of my land is classed as savings, and does this mean I will have have to wait another 6 months, once my property has sold?

People have mentioned gifts, I can get people who are part of my startup to gift me money, if that is the word. Then once I have sold my land I can re-gift the money back. So effectively my 6 months of savings starts when the gift hits my account.

This is only an idea as I want to cover the six months as soon as possible. If I wait for my property to be sold it may be about 4 months, before I have anything to place into my account, and then I will have to wait a further 6 months, if selling my property falls under savings.
Sounds like you've understood it fine (but wish you were wrong). Yes money in the bank is Savings and needs to be in the bank for 6 months as cash before application. Exchange rate is as per the day of application -think about moving it to GBP at the start if you want to remove any exchange rate risk (which could make or lose you money).
You will need to declare the source of the funds. Gifts are allowed but the ECO will need to be happy that it is a true gift not a loan.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 12:18 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swapcrate

Even if someone "gifts" you part or all of the savings amount, it has to stay as cash in the bank account for the required 6 months in order to count for the spouse application.

And don't forget that there is a second spouse visa to apply for inside the UK after 2.5 years (FLR) for which you must also meet financial requirements. The good thing about this second visa is that both the UK citizen AND the visa applicant's incomes can count towards meeting the financial requirement. However, in your case--if your UKC wife continues to look after your child and not take a job--once again only your income will be used. Some couples may want to keep the cash savings account high just in case of income falling below the requirement.

It's 5 years to ILR now, with the two spouse visas applied for in all under these new requirements, so you want to keep this in mind for the future as you wait out the time to ILR.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

mrsadeyemi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Im new to this forum and have been reading up trying to get my questions answered.

I have dual citizenship - British & Polish.

Can my husband (a Non EEA national) apply for EEA?
Or do we need to go for UK Spouse visa?

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 13th 2013, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsadeyemi
Hi All,

Im new to this forum and have been reading up trying to get my questions answered.

I have dual citizenship - British & Polish.

Can my husband (a Non EEA national) apply for EEA?
Or do we need to go for UK Spouse visa?

Thanks in advance!
Where do you currently live? And have you lived in another EEA country (other than the UK and Poland) in the past?
Old Feb 13th 2013, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

mrsadeyemi is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in Nigeria since Dec 2011 and have been working here for the past 6 months. My income translated to GBP is around £28,000 after tax.

I grew up in Bulgaria (now an EU country), lived in Poland for a short while and prior to moving to Nigeria, I worked in London for 7 years. My last gross income in UK was £53,000 pre-tax.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

swapcrate is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by englishguygoinghome
Sounds like you've understood it fine (but wish you were wrong). Yes money in the bank is Savings and needs to be in the bank for 6 months as cash before application. Exchange rate is as per the day of application -think about moving it to GBP at the start if you want to remove any exchange rate risk (which could make or lose you money).
You will need to declare the source of the funds. Gifts are allowed but the ECO will need to be happy that it is a true gift not a loan.
That made me laugh

Yep definitely right "but wish you were wrong"

Im not sure about the gift part, as I don't really want to do anything wrong. Its complex enough as well, and I want to be cautious in my approach, it was just to get an understanding.

So thanks for that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.