Spouse Visa; Your UK visa application has been resolved

Old Jan 28th 2015, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

philemon_bodiba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa; Your UK visa application has been resolved

Guys...

My wife received an email headed 'Your UK visa application has been resolved'.
Any idea what the hell that means?

Thanks....
Old Jan 28th 2015, 2:17 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa; Your UK visa application has been resolved

what is the origin of the email - who sent it, does it look official, did it come from the UK government or is it spam?
Old Jan 28th 2015, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

The email is pretty much original. And we've also checked the status of the application with Teleperfomance and the passport is ready for collection..
Old Jan 28th 2015, 3:10 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations & well done
Old Jan 28th 2015, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

You make me feel very nervous right now even more.
How do you know that my wife has been granted a UK visa?
Old Jan 28th 2015, 4:35 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Does it say 'resolved' because that's not the typical wording. It usually says something like "a decision has been made".

Anyway - it's vanilla. They always send the same email to everyone once a decision has been made. Unfortunately you'll just have to wait until you receive the decision via post. The wording does NOT mean an approval. Equally, it doesn't mean a denial.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 4:35 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
congratulations & well done
It's good to be positive and encouraging to others. But it's better to be factual.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

cityboys1911 is on a distinguished road

I have just done the online application to renew our UK passports I didn't know it was so easy to do I filled everything in and paid the fees and then printed the paperwork off, is it right we only have 1 form to sign and send passport photos and old passports to the passport office.we also hold US passports of which I have sent a copy of the BIO page is this all I need
Old Jan 31st 2015, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Visa granted!!!

My wife and child dependent granted UK Settlement Visas.
Old Jan 31st 2015, 1:16 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philemon_bodiba
Visa granted!!!

My wife and child dependent granted UK Settlement Visas.
What great news for your family! Congratulations!

Rebecca is right that they send a bland email message saying "the decision has been made" which gives no information as to what the decision actually is.... So glad it was a positive outcome in your case!
Old Jan 31st 2015, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

Actually, the email subject also contained a Ref. number.
I now firmly believe that if the email subject contains a Ref. number then the visa has been issued, because that Ref. number is consistent with a VAF number on the visa in your passport.
However, if the email subject contains GWF number then, unfortunately, it's refusal.

Most people were not aware of this..
Old Jan 31st 2015, 2:11 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

I now firmly believe that if the email subject contains a Ref. number then the visa has been issued, because that Ref. number is consistent with a VAF number on the visa in your passport.
However, if the email subject contains GWF number then, unfortunately, it's refusal.

Hmmm, interesting!

I thought the acronym VAF in VAF number stands for "Visa Application Form". Thus I assumed this number was given by the human who assessed the application....

And I thought the GWF number was a number automatically generated when one starts the online application.... which is also needed to log in to the online application.... (Thus not a human-bestowed number.)

Last edited by WEBlue; Jan 31st 2015 at 3:30 pm.
Old May 28th 2015, 9:19 am
Just Joined

FriendlyPat is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Spouse Visa; Your UK visa application has been resolved

Friends, I wanted to share the my experience of successfully obtaining a UK visa, short stay last week. The email received from the UKVI section was as set out below. The point I would like to make here is that having a GWF ref number in your email does NOT mean the visa has been refused. It is also not an indication that you visa has been granted either. It simply means a decision has been made and you need to collect your passport to find out what the decision is. Having looked at various forums, it appears that the emails (regardless of a GWF, VAF or other numbers being present or not) does not indicate anything anything other than a decision has been made. I wish you all of you the best in your endeavors to obtain a UK visa and I hope my experience gives some degree of comfort.

Subject: Your Visa Application GWF****** Name and Surname

[email protected]

Dear Name and Surname,

REF: GWF*******

Your application has now been resolved by the UKVI Decision Making Centre in Pretoria.

If you applied in South Africa your passport will be returned to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) where you applied and will be ready for collection after 10.00am on the next working day.

For all other locations your passport will be returned to you by courier or will be available for collection at the office where you applied. If the VAC advised that they would contact you when your passport is ready for collection please wait for contact before travelling to the VAC.

Regards,
UKVI Pretoria
Old May 29th 2015, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute

We didn't have a REF number. Just the GWF number in the email subject and we WERE granted the spouse visa.

As the moderators say there is no pattern.
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

blamming is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Your UK visa application has been resolved

I have received a email which says: Your application has now been resolved by the UKVI Decision Making Center in Pretoria and is either being sent back to the Visa Application Center where you applied or us being couriered direct back to you.

What does this email mean?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.