Spouse/Family Visa

Old Oct 17th 2018, 2:04 pm
KKB
Forum Regular

KKB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse/Family Visa

Thank you very much BritInParis for the response above and the previous one's.
I would highly appreciate your inputs on points 1 & 3 from my original post regarding our sources for cash savings? I am re-posting the same below for your reference.

1) Savings from my husband's salary in the UAE which we had lent to a family member in the UAE via a bank transfer, which will now be returned to us the same way i.e via a bank transfer.
Question : will this qualify / be valid to be part of our cash savings kitty if the money is held in our account for 6 months prior to application?

3) Money from liquidation of investments in equities in another country. We intend to keep the money in an account in my husbands name in that country itself.
Question : Would this qualify as cash savings?

Assuming that it might be a few months (atleast) before my husband gets a job in UK, we do not want to move to UK as soon as we get the visa. How soon after getting the family visa do we need to move to UK? And is there a minimum period of months/days an individual on family visa has to be in the UK in the 2.5 yrs (family visa validity period)? Does not being in the UK throughout the 2.5 years impact your chances of applying for the next 2.5 years visa?

Thank you in advance for your time and inputs.
Old Oct 17th 2018, 2:12 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I did answer those first two points but yes, that money would count and yes, you could use money held in another country but it would be better to transfer it into a single savings account with the rest of your funds.

Your husband will have 30 days to go to the UK to collect his BRP. You will need to accompany him. You could potentially return to the UAE whilst your husband stays and looks for work but I can’t see how that would be helpful.
Old Oct 17th 2018, 3:05 pm
KKB
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I did answer those first two points but yes, that money would count and yes, you could use money held in another country but it would be better to transfer it into a single savings account with the rest of your funds.

Your husband will have 30 days to go to the UK to collect his BRP. You will need to accompany him. You could potentially return to the UAE whilst your husband stays and looks for work but I can’t see how that would be helpful.
I assume our children would also need to go to the UK along with my husband? The reason I asked about how long we can wait to go to the UK after getting the family visa, is to minimize taking money out of our savings, assuming my husband does not find work by then.
Once the application has been submitted, for how long does one have to keep the money (78k pounds) in the account ?
Old Oct 17th 2018, 3:09 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KKB
I assume our children would also need to go to the UK along with my husband? The reason I asked about how long we can wait to go to the UK after getting the family visa, is to minimize taking money out of our savings, assuming my husband does not find work by then.
Once the application has been submitted, for how long does one have to keep the money (78k pounds) in the account ?
Yes, your children would need to go too. Presumably maintaining two households would be a bigger drain on your savings than one? Once your application is submitted then you can spend the money straightaway but it’s a smarter idea to leave it at least until the visa is granted in case you need to reapply for any reason.
Old Oct 17th 2018, 3:53 pm
KKB
Forum Regular

Once again, thank you very much for your inputs. This has given us so much clarity. Shukran!
Old Jun 21st 2019, 11:45 am
KKB
Forum Regular

Hello. We are now nearing final steps in gathering information/ clarification before we submit our application. I wanted to clarify a few points mentioned below :

1. Accommodation : My husbands cousin owns a 4 bedroom house (with a lounge and large living room) in London. We have understood that there are sufficient rooms for us to show their house as the place we will stay in when we arrive in the UK. The issue we face is that they are planning to build another floor and the construction is scheduled to start in September (possibly before or by mid Sept). We are hoping to submit our application by mid July, using the priority route. We have been made to understand that we can expect a decision on the visa within 30 working days by using the priority route i.e by end Aug or early Sept. Hence, the question we are facing is whether we can still consider my husbands cousins house for our application.

2. We are applying under the savings route. Our savings have been held in a bank account in India. Can we get the bank statements stamped at a branch in Dubai (where we currently live) or should they be stamped at the branch/country we hold the account in?
Thank you in advance for any advice/guidance.
Old Jun 22nd 2019, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by KKB
Hello. We are now nearing final steps in gathering information/ clarification before we submit our application. I wanted to clarify a few points mentioned below :

1. Accommodation : My husbands cousin owns a 4 bedroom house (with a lounge and large living room) in London. We have understood that there are sufficient rooms for us to show their house as the place we will stay in when we arrive in the UK. The issue we face is that they are planning to build another floor and the construction is scheduled to start in September (possibly before or by mid Sept). We are hoping to submit our application by mid July, using the priority route. We have been made to understand that we can expect a decision on the visa within 30 working days by using the priority route i.e by end Aug or early Sept. Hence, the question we are facing is whether we can still consider my husbands cousins house for our application.

2. We are applying under the savings route. Our savings have been held in a bank account in India. Can we get the bank statements stamped at a branch in Dubai (where we currently live) or should they be stamped at the branch/country we hold the account in?
Thank you in advance for any advice/guidance.
1. Will the building work mean you cannot stay there? If not then it’s not a problem. If so then you should look for alternative accommodation.

2. They just need to be stamped by the bank in question. If they have a branch in Dubai which is willing to verify and stamp them then that’s fine.
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 5:57 am
KKB
Forum Regular

Yes, our cousin and his family will be moving out while the building work is being done. We will look got alternative options now.
As always, thank you very much for your inputs.
Old Jun 27th 2019, 12:51 pm
KKB
Forum Regular

Hello again.
We are now exploring the option to stay with friends, who have rented a house. Please can someone let me know what documents and letters do we need to get to submit with our application. Thank you in advance.