SPOUSE/CP ILE

Old Feb 18th 2011, 12:33 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: SPOUSE/CP ILE

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
and maybe your post is iso ncoherent and quite frankly bollox in its terminology that it's pretty hard to read 'properly'.
I think you are being a bit harsh - just 'cause you do not understand the words used does not warrant your rudeness. As you will see a number of folk have answered so some of us have an understanding of the terminology.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Kaykaru is just really niceKaykaru is just really niceKaykaru is just really niceKaykaru is just really niceKaykaru is just really niceKaykaru is just really niceKaykaru is just really niceKaykaru is just really nice

Originally Posted by pennylessinindia
I think you are being a bit harsh - just 'cause you do not understand the words used does not warrant your rudeness. As you will see a number of folk have answered so some of us have an understanding of the terminology.
Thank you for supporting my viewpoint.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pennylessinindia
Well I've gone through this process more times than anyone of you and probably more times than anyone else on here and given out real information on this more times times than I care to remember. And the terminology is still bollox. For a start, there is no such thing as a spouse visa for the UK, ever, anywhere.

Cite me a link ( a proper one) where any UK Gov agency states that an ESOL test is the same as a KOL test. I'll wait.

I'll hold my hand up to some syntax though as I have to keep the window very small at work.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

Kaykaru is just really niceKaykaru is just really niceKaykaru is just really niceKaykaru is just really niceKaykaru is just really niceKaykaru is just really niceKaykaru is just really niceKaykaru is just really nice

Well I've gone through this process more times than anyone of you and probably more times than anyone else on here and given out real information on this more times times than I care to remember. And the terminology is still bollox. For a start, there is no such thing as a spouse visa for the UK, ever, anywhere.

Cite me a link ( a proper one) where any UK Gov agency states that an ESOL test is the same as a KOL test. I'll wait.

I'll hold my hand up to some syntax though as I have to keep the window very small at work.
I don't have the time for this unnecessary and useless debate that's going absolutely nowhere, nor do I have to prove anything to you! I joined this forum for some answers, which I got, so what you think doesn't carry any weight for me.

By the way if you've done things "MORE TIMES" than anyone else anywhere and by overusing the term "MORE TIMES" than anyone else on this forum, doesn't make you a more experienced member!!

Oh, and instead of asking me for answers to your pointless questions, why don't you "google" (hope you've heard of this word being used as a verb, otherwise note it down in your unique list of terminology!) the term, "spouse visa" and note that there are nearly 2.8 million results (rounded off!).

In answer to your second question, the KOL is equivalent to the ESOL as long as the student has completed the "citizenship element" and achieved the required level. Check this: (Oh yes, it is a UK Gov agency site!!)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/se...demonstrating/

I answered that for the other members who may be advised by you.....take care!!
Old Feb 19th 2011, 3:56 am
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

You are getting ridiculous you know nothing about us so you can not say that !
yes you are correct there is nothing called a spouse visa it is a settlement visa but given that those of us that posted knew what was being meant, it is not a big issue.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

I would just check that your husband's ESOL+Citizenship course still meets the standards now required. "Relevant progress" might be hard to establish, given he studied for a relatively short period of time (7weeks, you say) at a level below ESOL Entry Level 3 They changed the rules in April last year to tighten up on scam visa schools.

Info here
If you are not an English speaker - ESOL and citizenship course
If your English skills are below ESOL Entry 3 level (or Intermediate 1 level in Scotland), you must take an ESOL with citizenship course and obtain a relevant qualification to demonstrate your knowledge of language and life in the UK.
ESOL courses are available throughout the UK - the Directgov website can help you find a course at the right level in your area.
The Immigration Rules for ESOL courses changed on 7 April 2010. If you want to demonstrate your knowledge of language and life with an ESOL qualification, you must now meet the following requirements:
You must have attended your ESOL course at an accredited college.
The course must have included citizenship materials derived from the document 'Citizenship Materials for ESOL Learners' (ISBN: 1-84478-5424).
You must have obtained a relevant ESOL qualification from an approved awarding body.
You must demonstrate that you have made relevant progress.
An 'accredited college' is:
a publicly funded college that is subject to inspection by Ofsted (if it is in England), the Education and Training Inspectorate (Northern Ireland), HM Inspectorate of Education (Scotland), Estyn (Wales); or an inspection programme that has been approved by the Island's Government (in the Channel Islands or Isle of Man): or
a private college that has been accredited by Accreditation UK, the British Accreditation Council (BAC), the Accreditation Body for Language Services (ABLS) or the Accreditation Service for International Colleges (ASIC).
We will accept that a college meets the definition of an 'accredited college' if it was accredited on the date when you obtained your qualification, or if it is accredited on the date when your settlement application is decided.
A 'relevant ESOL qualification' is:
an ESOL qualification in speaking and listening at Entry 1, Entry 2 or Entry 3 level approved by the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual); or
one National Qualifications Unit in ESOL at Access 2, Access 3 or Intermediate 1 level approved by the Scottish Qualifications Authority.
'Approved awarding bodies' in England, Wales and Northern Ireland are:
Ascentis (formerly Open College of the Northwest)
Cambridge ESOL
City & Guilds (Pitmans)
Edexcel
Education Development International (EDI)
English Speaking Board (International) Limited
National Open College Network
Trinity College London
In Scotland, the only approved awarding body is the Scottish Qualifications Authority.
To demonstrate 'relevant progress', your college must confirm that you have progressed by at least one level from the level at which you were assessed at the beginning of the course that led to your relevant qualification. For example, if you were initially assessed by your college as being below Entry 1 level, you must obtain a relevant ESOL qualification at Entry 1 level or above.
You should check with your college to ensure that it is accredited as described above, and that the course meets all of the above requirements. If your college is not accredited, or if the course does not meet all of the above requirements, your application will be refused. Your college should provide a letter confirming that the relevant criteria are met. We have drafted a template of the letter (PDF 27KB, opens in a new window) which you can use. The college should also provide evidence to show how it meets the definition of an accredited college.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Thanks...for the information. His ESOL does show a gradual progress as he started the course the very next day of his arrival. The course is accredited by Trinity College.