Spouse Arriving in the U.K. ...

Old Nov 29th 2019, 4:00 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 33
Clloyd101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Arriving in the U.K. ...

So great new my wife got her visa! Yaaay!
Now when she arrives she will collect her BRP. Is that all she needs to work? Or will she be able to apply for a National Insurance Number?
Also as well as employed can she register as self employed? She a performer so some of her jobs will be self employed?
Clloyd101 is offline  
Old Nov 29th 2019, 4:11 pm
  #2  
Concierge
 
spouse of scouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 12,942
spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Arriving in the U.K. ...

Originally Posted by Clloyd101 View Post
So great new my wife got her visa! Yaaay!
Now when she arrives she will collect her BRP. Is that all she needs to work? Or will she be able to apply for a National Insurance Number?
Also as well as employed can she register as self employed? She a performer so some of her jobs will be self employed?
Congratulations! Your wife will need her BRP and a NINO to work, she needs to wait until she's in the UK to apply for the NINO. All details here https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number I did this a few years ago, the process is quite simple. She can start a job before she gets her NINO, but she'll need to advise her employer that she's applied for one and is waiting for it. Can't help with the self-employed thing sorry.
spouse of scouse is offline  
Old Nov 29th 2019, 5:02 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 33
Clloyd101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Arriving in the U.K. ...

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Congratulations! Your wife will need her BRP and a NINO to work, she needs to wait until she's in the UK to apply for the NINO. All details here https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number I did this a few years ago, the process is quite simple. She can start a job before she gets her NINO, but she'll need to advise her employer that she's applied for one and is waiting for it. Can't help with the self-employed thing sorry.
Great stuff. Does my wife have to book a time and date to collect her BRP from the Post Office or can she just go into the the specific Post Office that she chose and pick it up anytime she arrives?
Clloyd101 is offline  
Old Nov 29th 2019, 5:10 pm
  #4  
Concierge
 
spouse of scouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 12,942
spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Arriving in the U.K. ...

Originally Posted by Clloyd101 View Post


Great stuff. Does my wife have to book a time and date to collect her BRP from the Post Office or can she just go into the the specific Post Office that she chose and pick it up anytime she arrives?
She doesn't need an appointment, just needs to go to the designated post office and collect it within 10 days of her arrival.
spouse of scouse is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.