Spouse Arriving in the U.K. ...

Old Nov 29th 2019, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Clloyd101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Arriving in the U.K. ...

So great new my wife got her visa! Yaaay!
Now when she arrives she will collect her BRP. Is that all she needs to work? Or will she be able to apply for a National Insurance Number?
Also as well as employed can she register as self employed? She a performer so some of her jobs will be self employed?
Old Nov 29th 2019, 3:11 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Arriving in the U.K. ...

Originally Posted by Clloyd101
So great new my wife got her visa! Yaaay!
Now when she arrives she will collect her BRP. Is that all she needs to work? Or will she be able to apply for a National Insurance Number?
Also as well as employed can she register as self employed? She a performer so some of her jobs will be self employed?
Congratulations! Your wife will need her BRP and a NINO to work, she needs to wait until she's in the UK to apply for the NINO. All details here https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number I did this a few years ago, the process is quite simple. She can start a job before she gets her NINO, but she'll need to advise her employer that she's applied for one and is waiting for it. Can't help with the self-employed thing sorry.
Old Nov 29th 2019, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Clloyd101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Congratulations! Your wife will need her BRP and a NINO to work, she needs to wait until she's in the UK to apply for the NINO. All details here https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number I did this a few years ago, the process is quite simple. She can start a job before she gets her NINO, but she'll need to advise her employer that she's applied for one and is waiting for it. Can't help with the self-employed thing sorry.
Great stuff. Does my wife have to book a time and date to collect her BRP from the Post Office or can she just go into the the specific Post Office that she chose and pick it up anytime she arrives?
Old Nov 29th 2019, 4:10 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clloyd101

Great stuff. Does my wife have to book a time and date to collect her BRP from the Post Office or can she just go into the the specific Post Office that she chose and pick it up anytime she arrives?
She doesn't need an appointment, just needs to go to the designated post office and collect it within 10 days of her arrival.