Wikiposts

Spousal Visa - What documents are really needed?

Old Nov 3rd 2013, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Davidren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal Visa - What documents are really needed?

My wife is going to be applying for a spousal visa soon to allow us to move to the UK as I have been offered a job there. Our current situation is that I am a UK citizen (also Australian Citizen) and she is an Australian Citizen. We have a daughter who I will be applying for a UK passport for as well. We currently live in Australia.

Could anyone provide some advice on what documents I should be sending as part of the application. Our application I hope should be straightforward (?!?) as I currently meet the financial requirements with my employment here in Australia plus a job offer for work in the UK that again exceeds the requirement.

Our plan is to live with my parents for the first month to begin with until we find a rental property.

We have been married for 5 years.

My wife does not intend to work.

In terms of documentation I am expecting to have to send :

- Letter from current employer confirming employment, dates, pay etc
- 6 months wage slips
- 6 months bank statements
- Letter / contract offer for job in UK

- Marriage certificate
- Relevant passports & copy of my bio-page
- 2 Photos
- Birth Certificates

- VAF4A and Appendix 2 forms
- Biometrics

- Letter from parents confirming we can live at their property initially.......do I need this ?
- Document (e.g. bank statement) confirming my wife lives at the same address.

Are there any other documents that are essential to send ?

Do I need to write any cover letters confirming that I agree to sponsor my wife or should the above be enough ?

Just trying to work out what evidence I need to send other than our marriage certificate, financial requirement documents, job offer etc...
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 11:35 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal Visa - What documents are really needed?

Here's a good listing of the required Spouse Visa documents, along with detailed explanations in plain English:

http://londonelegance.com/transpondi...s/spousal-visa
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal Visa - What documents are really needed?

Originally Posted by Davidren
Are there any other documents that are essential to send ?

Do I need to write any cover letters confirming that I agree to sponsor my wife or should the above be enough ?
Make sure you read and re-read the official rules (appendix FM-SE) and the UKBA internal guidance (IDIs) linked from the BE-Wiki page. To be sure you are sending all specified documents.

For other areas which aren't covered in FM-SE, send anything you have, so letter from Parents etc.

Always include a cover letter from you as the British Citizen explaining everything.