Spousal visa - uploading documents

Old Apr 5th 2021, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

ToCumbria has a reputation beyond reputeToCumbria has a reputation beyond reputeToCumbria has a reputation beyond reputeToCumbria has a reputation beyond reputeToCumbria has a reputation beyond reputeToCumbria has a reputation beyond reputeToCumbria has a reputation beyond reputeToCumbria has a reputation beyond reputeToCumbria has a reputation beyond reputeToCumbria has a reputation beyond reputeToCumbria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spousal visa - uploading documents

Have submitted the application today!

I have booked an appointment with VFS.

I have all my documents except bank statements for cash savings. Waiting for the bank in my home country to authenticate the statements; hopefully should receive in a few days' time.

Can I upload my available documents piecemeal or do I have to wait till I have the bank statements and then upload everything at once? After completing the appointment, the screen seemed to suggest that it can be done piecemeal but I didn't register exactly what it said because I was in a state of shock over the cost of the NHS surcharge!!!!!
Old Apr 5th 2021, 3:44 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal visa - uploading documents

Yes, you can do it piecemeal. Just make sure everything is uploaded by the time you go for your biometrics appointment.
Old Apr 5th 2021, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

ToCumbria has a reputation beyond reputeToCumbria has a reputation beyond reputeToCumbria has a reputation beyond reputeToCumbria has a reputation beyond reputeToCumbria has a reputation beyond reputeToCumbria has a reputation beyond reputeToCumbria has a reputation beyond reputeToCumbria has a reputation beyond reputeToCumbria has a reputation beyond reputeToCumbria has a reputation beyond reputeToCumbria has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, BritInParis.
Old Apr 5th 2021, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

The first item on the Documents list says 'Sponsor evidence. Birth certificate'. Does this mean I have to upload and subsequently present my sponsor's birth certificate?
Old Apr 5th 2021, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

The second item talks about Accommodation: Permanent/Temporary. But doesn't proof of accommodation come under Sponsor evidence as below?:

Old Apr 5th 2021, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Also, for Sponsor evidence, do I need to provide an invitation letter from my sponsor?
Old Apr 5th 2021, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Similarly, for the bank statements for Cash Savings route, do I upload them to this 'Financial Evidence' category or to the 'Sponsor Evidence'?
Old Apr 5th 2021, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

I presume I don't have to provide anything under 'Employment Evidence' as I am applying via the Cash Savings route.
Old Apr 5th 2021, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

I presume the section 'Educational evidence' just means uploading the IELTS Life Skills certificate?
Old Apr 5th 2021, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Just to double-check something for the VFS appointment. On my Checklist of Documents it states:

1). Copy of the bio data page of the passport or travel document [of sponsor].

2). One proof of British citizenship [of sponsor] such as a passport.

My sponsor is living in the UK and I am applying from my home country. Will they accept the copy of the bio data page of my sponsor's passport as also proof of British citizenship or should he send his passport to me?
Old Apr 6th 2021, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Hi Guys. Really worried about this proving British citizenship as I don't have my husband's passport with me. Should I ask him to send it or say his birth certificate to me for the VFS appointment? Feel reluctant to send such important posts in international post.
Old Apr 6th 2021, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Policy reader is an unknown quantity at this point

Despite I have no knowledge about the norm at your local vfs centre regarding the biometrics but generally speaking all documents are electronically uploaded including the passport. In my opinion, you only need the scanned copy of British passport of the bio page only without needing any other document such as birth certificate or naturalization. Also, regarding the categories, these all are for applicant's convenience only where the paramount important thing is the uploading of all required documents despite by mistake these get attached into an inappropriate category.
Old Apr 6th 2021, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply, Policy reader. My concern is that on the Checklist of what documents to bring, it explicitly asks both for a copy of the Biodata page of my husband's passport and - separately - proof of citizenship such as a passport. In other words, for the latter they do not seem to want a copy but the original document.
Old Apr 6th 2021, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Policy reader is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ToCumbria
Thanks for the reply, Policy reader. My concern is that on the Checklist of what documents to bring, it explicitly asks both for a copy of the Biodata page of my husband's passport and - separately - proof of citizenship such as a passport. In other words, for the latter they do not seem to want a copy but the original document.
Insisting on proof of citizenship in addition to British passport is in my opinion a tautology likewise to an in country application for naturalization where despite asking the BRP card the form still asks for proof of immigration status when the BRP card is enough for both. Also, even in old regime where the sponsor used to send the supporting documents by post to Sheffield whilst the applicant enrolled its biometrics from abroad, still the original British passport was never needed to send.
Old Apr 6th 2021, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

It's all very frustrating.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.