Spousal visa and and expiration

Old Feb 24th 2019, 1:35 am
Just Joined

enock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal visa and and expiration

I’m an over 65 retired Australian and want to visit UK for 2 years with my British born wife (has British passport). I’ve no intention to work or stay longer than 2.5 years (ie not going for citizenship). The visa I need is Spousal one. I've already booked a flight - have to to get frequent flyer flights.
I’ve a couple questions. When you apply online it states you can’t apply more than 3 months from you intended arrival date but the processing can take up to 3 months.
Question 1: Can you apply 4 or more months out by giving an incorrect leaving date?
Question 2: How long is the visa usable before entry? Some threads here say 30 days - not found this on official site. Is the 30 days from your applied date or the visa approved?
Question 3: Can my wife be in Australia and still sponsor me? We'll arrive together.

thanks for your help
Old Feb 24th 2019, 3:01 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal visa and and expiration

Originally Posted by enock
I’m an over 65 retired Australian and want to visit UK for 2 years with my British born wife (has British passport). I’ve no intention to work or stay longer than 2.5 years (ie not going for citizenship). The visa I need is Spousal one. I've already booked a flight - have to to get frequent flyer flights.
I’ve a couple questions. When you apply online it states you can’t apply more than 3 months from you intended arrival date but the processing can take up to 3 months.
Question 1: Can you apply 4 or more months out by giving an incorrect leaving date?
Question 2: How long is the visa usable before entry? Some threads here say 30 days - not found this on official site. Is the 30 days from your applied date or the visa approved?
Question 3: Can my wife be in Australia and still sponsor me? We'll arrive together.

thanks for your help
Hi Enock, welcome to BE.

I believe from posts by other members that you are now permitted to apply up to 6 months before the date you nominate to arrive, but I've not seen any official advice on this. It was only 3 months when I applied in 2015.
You need to arrive in the UK and collect your Biometric Residence Permit from your nominated post office within 30 days from the date your visa commences (which is the date you nominated in your application, or the date the visa is issued, whichever is the later).
Yes, your wife can be your sponsor while still living in Australia.

How are you going to meet the financial requirements? Is your wife working, or do you have savings?
Booking a flight prior to a successful visa decision is a bit risky.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Feb 24th 2019 at 3:21 am.
Old Feb 24th 2019, 3:37 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Enock,

Do you have recent British, Irish or other European ancestry? Parents, grandparents or great-grandparents?
Old Feb 28th 2019, 9:25 am
Just Joined

I have a British born grandmother
Old Feb 28th 2019, 10:35 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I have a British born grandmother
Maternal or paternal? What year were you, your grandmother and the relevant parent born?
Old Feb 28th 2019, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

Grandmother 1895 my Father 1920 and myself 1954 (so Paternal Grandmother)
Old Feb 28th 2019, 11:36 pm

Grandmother 1895 my Father 1920 and myself 1954 (so Paternal Grandmother)
Thank you. I take it your mother was Australian-born? What year did your parents marry?
Old Mar 1st 2019, 12:00 am
Just Joined

My Grandmother was a WW1 war bride and emigrated to Australia. My mother and father were born in Australia and married in 1947. I can see were you are going with this. I've got good records are my Grandmother's birth date but having real difficulty tracking down a birth certificate for her.
Old Mar 1st 2019, 12:34 am

My Grandmother was a WW1 war bride and emigrated to Australia. My mother and father were born in Australia and married in 1947. I can see were you are going with this. I've got good records are my Grandmother's birth date but having real difficulty tracking down a birth certificate for her.
Can you give your grandmother’s details? I may have better luck.
Old Mar 1st 2019, 1:55 am
Just Joined

Rachel Vera Mayne Born 02 Jan 1895 Chickerell, Weymouth, Dorset UK

Baptised 22 Sep 1895 Bere Regis, Dorset, England
Rachel is listed both in the 1901 and 1911 census along with her family.

Father John Mayne Mother Elezabeth Penfold
John was a traveler and they moved about in a caravan

I've tried www.freebmd.org.uk, www.archives.com/uk plus I've got my ancestry up on ancestry.com
Old Mar 4th 2019, 12:08 am

Rachel Vera Mayne Born 02 Jan 1895 Chickerell, Weymouth, Dorset UK

Baptised 22 Sep 1895 Bere Regis, Dorset, England
Rachel is listed both in the 1901 and 1911 census along with her family.

Father John Mayne Mother Elezabeth Penfold
John was a traveler and they moved about in a caravan

I've tried www.freebmd.org.uk, www.archives.com/uk plus I've got my ancestry up on ancestry.com
I’ve had no luck either although I have found several siblings. If the family were travellers then they simply may not have registered the birth.