Spousal visa coming to an end

Old Dec 12th 2017, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Salisbury, UK to Auckland, NZ - now back in the UK!
celeliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the rough
Default Spousal visa coming to an end

Hi,

My husband's UK spousal visa expires on 15th January 2018.

We faced a very hard decision that we will be separating so he will return to his native home in New Zealand.

We have been looking at flights and its really expensive leading up to the expiry date. But the prices have come down a few days after.
I know he would be classified as an overstayer if he doesn't leave by the 15th.

Is there any way he could apply for a bridging visa or apply for a visitor visa? Or would he still have to leave by the 15th?

Another option is to fly to another European airport (outside UK) and get a cheaper flight from Amsterdam etc.

Thanks,
Claire
Old Dec 12th 2017, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal visa coming to an end

A few days after expiration won't be a problem.