Spousal visa approved!

Old Feb 13th 2016, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

joshcas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal visa approved!

Hey guys,

my wife's spousal visa was delivered yesterday and it was successful!

We are absolutely ecstatic right now, we applied through category F - I combined my salaried employment with dividends from my limited company.

Please let me know if you apply through the same category and need any information, I'm happy to help.

I have one final question:

What happens next?

When my wife clears immigration, will she need to explain everything again (finances, accommodation etc) or will it just be a 'flash and pass'?

I understand she needs to collect biometrics within 10 days of arrival.

Thanks guys, you've been such great help over the years, and we've finally done it!
Old Feb 13th 2016, 9:16 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal visa approved!

Congratulations!

To answer your question, just make sure your wife enters the UK within 30 days of the date stated on her vignette. You won't need to present any of the documents beyond the vignette in her passport at the border. Then it's just a matter of collecting your wife's BRP from the Post Office within ten days of entering the UK.
Old Feb 14th 2016, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Congratulations!

To answer your question, just make sure your wife enters the UK within 30 days of the date stated on her vignette. You won't need to present any of the documents beyond the vignette in her passport at the border. Then it's just a matter of collecting your wife's BRP from the Post Office within ten days of entering the UK.
Thanks for the confirmation! Was worried that she may get hassled at the border one final time. But I guess we've done the hard part now
Old Feb 14th 2016, 9:38 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joshcas
Thanks for the confirmation! Was worried that she may get hassled at the border one final time. But I guess we've done the hard part now
Your wife will still be questioned by the Immigration Officer at the border and technically can be still refused entry but providing her answers add up then she shouldn't have a problem.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Your wife will still be questioned by the Immigration Officer at the border and technically can be still refused entry but providing her answers add up then she shouldn't have a problem.
Interesting. Any idea what kind of questions to expect?
Old Feb 15th 2016, 9:56 pm

The usual. The purpose of her visit, who is she meeting, where she is staying, etc..
Old Feb 16th 2016, 12:04 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

After Immigration at Manchester Airport had established from my passport that I was an Australian citizen entering the UK on a spouse visa, I was only asked one question. "Why?" (referring to leaving Australia to live in the UK) That was amusing the first few times I heard it, but it's getting a bit old now.

I imagine what/how many questions you're asked might be influenced by where you're coming from, and also how friendly/cranky the immigration staff are feeling on the day If you have your spouse visa, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.