Spousal Visa Applying under Category B

Old Aug 12th 2015, 12:59 am
Just Joined

scottishmex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal Visa Applying under Category B

Hi everyone,

I am applying soon for my wife's spousal visa and have a few questions.

I have changed jobs 1 month ago and plan to apply under category B I meet the financial requirement over the past 12 months with one payslip from my new job and the rest from my previous employers.

1. Do I have to provide letters of employment from both my current employer and my old employer or only from my current employer?

2.My current payslips are received by e-mail, will my employer stating this in the employment letter cover me or should I have them Sign and stamp the Payslip aswell?

3. In the application form Family details after spouse/Partner it askes for details for Father and Mother is this for the applicants Father and Mother or the Sponsors?

Any info is appreciated
Old Aug 13th 2015, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Spousal Visa Applying under Category B

Anybody have any suggestions?
Old Aug 13th 2015, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure about the first question but for the second I would advise you to get the payslips signed and stamped by your employer. Better safe than sorry! Father and mother details refer to the applicant's parents.
Old Aug 13th 2015, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

chunkvoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there! Here's my general understanding:

Originally Posted by scottishmex
1. Do I have to provide letters of employment from both my current employer and my old employer or only from my current employer?
You need to provide letters from both employers. Any payslips used as evidence need to be backed up by a letter from the employer that issued them.

2.My current payslips are received by e-mail, will my employer stating this in the employment letter cover me or should I have them Sign and stamp the Payslip aswell?
Not entirely sure but you'll probably need a formal letter to confirm their authenticity, based on this paragraph:

"Payslips must be original formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name, or be accompanied by a letter from the employer, on their headed paper and signed by a senior official confirming they are authentic."

3. In the application form Family details after spouse/Partner it askes for details for Father and Mother is this for the applicants Father and Mother or the Sponsors?
Do you mean the VAF4A form? This asks for the parents' details first and then the spouse, so it's definitely referring to the parents of the applicant. Unless you're talking about something else.

Hope that helps a little. Good luck!
Old Aug 14th 2015, 5:28 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply's they have cleared things up for me. As for employment letter my previous employers have agreed to provide me with a letter of employment for my time with them so hopefully that will suffice along with P60 and P45.