Sponsor is in UK and dependent is abroad

Old Jan 4th 2019, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

mark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of light
Question Sponsor is in UK and dependent is abroad

Hello,

I've returned to the UK ahead of my wife. We are now ready to start applying for her spouse visa with me as her sponsor. I have all the required sponsor's evidence (relationship, financial, accommodation documents etc) here with me in the UK. Should I post all of this to my wife so she can take it with her to be scanned? Or can I post it directly from within the UK to the visa processing centre here in the UK (Sheffield?).

Also, when applying online does my wife need to do this herself personally? Can I do it for her from the UK and then just send her to do her biometrics? Or can we do it together over a remote desktop connection? She is currently in Taiwan.

Thanks,

Mark
Old Jan 7th 2019, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsor is in UK and dependent is abroad

Originally Posted by mark_sheffield
Hello,

I've returned to the UK ahead of my wife. We are now ready to start applying for her spouse visa with me as her sponsor. I have all the required sponsor's evidence (relationship, financial, accommodation documents etc) here with me in the UK. Should I post all of this to my wife so she can take it with her to be scanned? Or can I post it directly from within the UK to the visa processing centre here in the UK (Sheffield?).

Also, when applying online does my wife need to do this herself personally? Can I do it for her from the UK and then just send her to do her biometrics? Or can we do it together over a remote desktop connection? She is currently in Taiwan.

Thanks,

Mark
Any is ok. I the applicant is the one filling the form. You can either send all supporting docs to her or you send directly. Whichever works for you two
Old Jan 7th 2019, 12:38 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsor is in UK and dependent is abroad

It will vary from country to country. Some you can send the supporting documents directly to Sheffield, some you will need to take with you in order to be scanned. It’s worth checking the relevant VFS website for your country of application to confirm the local procedures.