Sponsor is on holiday and away during visa application

Old Feb 19th 2016, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

ruri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsor is on holiday and away during visa application

Hi everyone,

I have been reading around and some people say it is risky for the British sponsor to be away from the UK during the visa application.

Now I am so worried because my husband will be coming here in Malaysia especially to be there for our daughter while I go for the appointment, and now I am wondering if that is going to be a huge problem. He have also already booked his ticket

Can someone confirm to me if this is going to trouble us? He's flying soon and I can't help but worry, worry, worry

Thanks
Ruri
Old Feb 19th 2016, 6:43 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsor is on holiday and away during visa application

Originally Posted by ruri
Hi everyone,

I have been reading around and some people say it is risky for the British sponsor to be away from the UK during the visa application.

Now I am so worried because my husband will be coming here in Malaysia especially to be there for our daughter while I go for the appointment, and now I am wondering if that is going to be a huge problem. He have also already booked his ticket

Can someone confirm to me if this is going to trouble us? He's flying soon and I can't help but worry, worry, worry

Thanks
Ruri
No, it's not a problem for the British citizen to be elsewhere when his/her spouse submits their visa application. As long as the British citizen spouse is either moving over to the UK with you when you enter on your visa, or they're there before you. My husband was living in Australia with me when I did my spouse visa application.
Old Feb 19th 2016, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

ruri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
No, it's not a problem for the British citizen to be elsewhere when his/her spouse submits their visa application. As long as the British citizen spouse is either moving over to the UK with you when you enter on your visa, or they're there before you. My husband was living in Australia with me when I did my spouse visa application.
Hi SOS, thank you so much for replying.

The thing is we are going to apply under Cat A salaried employment so I wonder if that's different than to those like you who applied under savings route?

I feel so so silly now

Of course if I do get the spouse visa then my husband will be travelling with us back to the UK. If not then he will have to leave alone
Old Feb 19th 2016, 7:53 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ruri
Hi SOS, thank you so much for replying.

The thing is we are going to apply under Cat A salaried employment so I wonder if that's different than to those like you who applied under savings route?

I feel so so silly now

Of course if I do get the spouse visa then my husband will be travelling with us back to the UK. If not then he will have to leave alone
Hi Ruri, sorry, I'm not sure if a Cat A application is different to applying under savings - I'm sure someone who knows will post shortly.

Applying for this visa is very stressful and I feel for you. But do try to remember that you're doing everything correctly, you're asking all the right questions and making sure you have all the documents and evidence you need, so you should be absolutely fine. I'm looking forward to reading your message saying SPOUSE VISA APPROVED!