Some last minute FLR (M) questions

Old Sep 10th 2018, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Some last minute FLR (M) questions

Hello, I haven't posted here for a while, but my wife and I are busy finalising her FLR (M) application and I hope I can get some advice on a couple of last minute questions relating to the application form :

2.2: My wife will be applying as the "spouse or partner of a person present and settled in the UK" as set out in 2.1. Question 2.2 asks if this is the first time she has applied in one of the categories in 2.1 and we are unsure if the answer is "yes" (because it is her first application for FLR) or "no" (because she has previously applied, successfully, for initial leave to remain)

6.12: "Could you and your sponsor live together outside the UK if necessary?" - we can't figure out how to reply. We are living in the UK and intend to stay here, do we just answer "No"?

7.8 "Where do you and your sponsor plan to live in the UK?" - when we submit the application, we will be living in our current rented accommodation. We are however in the process of buying a house, completion around mid October. Should we explain this in the application, or just say nothing?

Thanks very much in advance for your help.
Old Sep 12th 2018, 1:40 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some last minute FLR (M) questions

2.2: It should be 'No'.

6.12: Not unless there are some compelling reasons why you couldn't live outside the UK together. "We don't want to" would not be one of those.

7.8: Give your current address. Until you own the property in question it's not a done deal.
Old Sep 12th 2018, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis

6.12: Not unless there are some compelling reasons why you couldn't live outside the UK together. "We don't want to" would not be one of those.

7.8: Give your current address. Until you own the property in question it's not a done deal.
Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

We will answer "yes" to 6.12 then, it seems a strange question to ask but I guess it doesn't have any real impact on the application.
Old Sep 15th 2018, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

May I ask you a follow up question on the first point above....my wife is completing her FLR (M) application on-line and the question is a bit different to what we found previously on the government website. The question now is "Extending or switching to a partner route - Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?" Doe she still reply "no" to this ? Thanks a lot in advance, sorry if I am being a bit obtuse !!
Old Sep 19th 2018, 1:19 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DernierVirage
May I ask you a follow up question on the first point above....my wife is completing her FLR (M) application on-line and the question is a bit different to what we found previously on the government website. The question now is "Extending or switching to a partner route - Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?" Doe she still reply "no" to this ? Thanks a lot in advance, sorry if I am being a bit obtuse !!
Still 'No' I think.
Old Sep 19th 2018, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Still 'No' I think.
Thanks a lot, that is what we are going with. The question seems designed to be confusing, I really appreciate your help.