So What Do We Do If Visa Gets Denied

Old Apr 11th 2012, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

michael rothwell is a jewel in the roughmichael rothwell is a jewel in the roughmichael rothwell is a jewel in the roughmichael rothwell is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs down So What Do We Do If Visa Gets Denied

Hi everyone I might get some flake here but that's life why is it the uk citizen's who want to come home have to decied between home and there spouse.

So if we get refused spouse visa does this mean we have to decied where our loyalties lie with our spouse who we want to remain with or our homeland where we have family and friends.

it a very tuff choice to make I just think that if your a couple and you want to live as one you should be granted a visa I know if My wife application was refused I would look at it as family values mean nothing its just about money and not about people.

Last edited by michael rothwell; Apr 11th 2012 at 4:12 pm. Reason: for got something
Old Apr 11th 2012, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So What Do We Do If Visa Gets Denied

Of course you'd have to make that choice, unless your wife plans on entering without permission.

Compassion and immigration (in any country)are two worlds that will never collide. Get your ducks lined up and give it your best shot.

If you are married, you've decided where your loyalties lie, or at least should have. That's not a tough choice, trust me, I've had experience with this.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

michael rothwell is a jewel in the roughmichael rothwell is a jewel in the roughmichael rothwell is a jewel in the roughmichael rothwell is a jewel in the rough

I will and thanks
Old Apr 11th 2012, 10:28 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Consider else where in the EU? It's a faff of course, but there are other threads that explain it better than I could, but essentially spouse gets a visa for free and then you can move around the EU.

The downside is the hoops and length of time to get ILR in the UK and then UK citizenship.

This is of course a rather large over simplification as I don't really understand the details, not needing to bother, but have read a few threads that go over it in a fair bit of detail.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

I am Hopeing us being married here in US for over 7 years Me from Uk her being USC and English speaking will help us also get the visa for my wife.

We wil not need benifits of any kind also we have a friend who is willing to let us live rent free with her till we get sorted she has sent us a letter stateing this and also land deeds and her rates bill.

So I am hopeing we can get rid of our mobile home here with in 3 month window I will give us Planning to start next week Anyway thanks to everyone
Old Apr 11th 2012, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

Three options: Stay away, appeal (and depending on the true merits of your case win - you may even see something that looks like sanity or compassion from the judiciary), move to/via another EU country. We won our appeal but also did a lot of research into option 3.

If you've been married for 7 years then you should have few problems either getting a visa or at least winning on appeal under the current rules. Apply soon.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 12:36 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michael rothwell
I am Hopeing us being married here in US for over 7 years Me from Uk her being USC and English speaking will help us also get the visa for my wife.
Won't make a difference.

It's all about earning potential, of the UK citizen, or it will be.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

well it should also be about people bob how the red sox doing
Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

I am Hopeing us being married here in US for over 7 years Me from Uk her being USC and English speaking will help us also get the visa for my wife. We wil not need benifits of any kind also we have a friend who is willing to let us live rent free with her till we get sorted she has sent us a letter stateing this and also land deeds and her rates bill.

So I am hopeing we can get rid of our mobile home here with in 3 month window I will give us Planning to start next week Anyway thanks to everyone
Married for 7yrs will help. Her being a USC won't make any difference (except maybe having to skip a medical on entry).

You're talking in a very negative way though, is there a particular reason why you don't think your wife will get the visa? money?
Old Apr 12th 2012, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

I am hopeing she will but I know how it was for me when I was going through it and some people make you feel negative.

But Now is time for Me to move back home and I just want her to come thats all we Have Savings and its only in the last 6 months that things have gone a little sour here.

Also 1 weeks vaction a year is a bit of a joke least in uk you get holidays here just dont want to waste our savings

She loves Uk and all my kids and grankids are there so thats why we want to move back also I think I stand a better chance of getting back in to the work force sorry if I sounded a bit neg.

Also visa type do we just go do we just do Spouse settlement (ilr) have a great day everyone

Last edited by michael rothwell; Apr 12th 2012 at 4:14 pm. Reason: just had to alter
Old Apr 13th 2012, 1:06 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

well it should also be about people bob
Yes, but that isn't the case, unfortunately.

And the Red Sox are sucking goat right now
Old Apr 13th 2012, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

manny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nice

I am hopeing she will but I know how it was for me when I was going through it and some people make you feel negative.

But Now is time for Me to move back home and I just want her to come thats all we Have Savings and its only in the last 6 months that things have gone a little sour here.

Also 1 weeks vaction a year is a bit of a joke least in uk you get holidays here just dont want to waste our savings

She loves Uk and all my kids and grankids are there so thats why we want to move back also I think I stand a better chance of getting back in to the work force sorry if I sounded a bit neg.

Also visa type do we just go do we just do Spouse settlement (ilr) have a great day everyone
Seems like you are sort of same situation as us as we have also been married now close to 8 years. However, you may not be aware (or maybe you are) but for ILR your wife will be required to pass Life In the UK test, which can only be sat in the UK. So, based on your 7 years marriage and under the current rules, as long as you have 'aqueduct savings' (vague terminology and that is what I recall is stated on UKBA website) your wife should successfully obtain Settlement Visa with KOL (REQ) endorsement on her passport. I would personally suggest you specifically request this KOL(REQ) endorsement as I have read in a few places they sometime skip the correct stamp for people been married for 4+ years. This will allow your wife to apply for ILR immediately after she completes LITUK test in the UK...mind you it will cost money but its still better than having to wait for additional 2 years and then applying for ILR.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Manny so if we just right this where it ask first question on VAF4A Form What is the main purpose of your application to come to uk.

Also does anyone know part 1 family name is that the name she has now or her name at birth being this is mine and her second marriage as she has had her passport amended sorry for being so dum comes with age
Old Apr 13th 2012, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

manny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nicemanny1980 is just really nice

Thanks Manny so if we just right this where it ask first question on VAF4A Form What is the main purpose of your application to come to uk.

Also does anyone know part 1 family name is that the name she has now or her name at birth being this is mine and her second marriage as she has had her passport amended sorry for being so dum comes with age
Questions you are asking are very reasonable so don't feel dumb as I did the same in your situation In response to your questions:

1. Request KOL(REQ) in your cover-letter (i.e sponsor).

2. Purpose of coming to the UK is to join you in the UK as you are the British citizen, so its natural she wants to join her spouse in the UK.

3. Family name is what is given in her passport and NOT her name from either birth or previous marriage. Right below where VA4A form requests "Family Name" there is another box asking for "Other Names" Here you mention her surname on birth and then other surnames she had from her previous marriage.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Many we are both here in usa so I guess don't have to write a letter as we have always lived as a couple since 04 And just want to say thank you for your help thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.