So BofA tell me they cannot stamp my bank statements?

Old Mar 31st 2015, 5:04 pm
Goooner!

Pipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to all
Default So BofA tell me they cannot stamp my bank statements?

Is it true, that the UK Immitgration office really require your bank statements to be stamped?

I've just come from two separate Bank of America branches and been told exactly the same thing - that they do not stamp statements. I then asked them if they could them provide me with official paper statements as the ones I have are simply the printed off .pdfs available online - again, both branches told me the same thing, that these are the same pdfs that they would be printing off.

I asked about using their Notary Public service - and was told, you can't use a notary to verify the validity of a bank statement.

So not sure what to do now as this account hold about 40% of the savings needed to meet the target.

But I have the same issue with Santander in the UK for my other savings account - they have mailed me the statements and a covering letter but again, they aren't stamped.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Dundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to all
Default Re: So BofA tell me they cannot stamp my bank statements?

We did not get our statements stamped or a letter. We went to the branch and asked for 6 months of statements as we needed bank statements issued by the bank. They printd them off and we mailed mailed them with our application. We were not contacted to say that they were not acceptable. Our visa was issued and we leave for UK on April 20th.
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 10:03 pm
Goooner!

Pipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to all

Thanks great news for you. Well done. Did you by any chance pay for the expedited method? I'm just wondering if there is a big difference, given their 'stated' guideline times.
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

Dundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pipmeister
Thanks great news for you. Well done. Did you by any chance pay for the expedited method? I'm just wondering if there is a big difference, given their 'stated' guideline times.
We did pay for the priority processing.