British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Sixth month payment will go in my bank after BRP expiry date -- please advise (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/sixth-month-payment-will-go-my-bank-after-brp-expiry-date-please-advise-943125/)

smineke Mar 13th 2022 10:29 am

Sixth month payment will go in my bank after BRP expiry date -- please advise

Hi everyone,

I hope this reaches everyone on here well. You guys helped me out a lot the first time we applied back in 2019. Thanks in advance for any help on this!

It's time for re-application for FLR, as a spouse of a British citizen.. and I may have what I think seems like a doozy of a question:

BRP expires March 28th, 2022. I (applicant) started working on September 20th, 2021 full time. My husband (sponsor) then reduced his hours to part-time, weekends (sometime in October). We will use both of our employments to surpass the 18,600.

I work at an independent school that pays monthly; the pay periods vary though we receive our pay into our bank accounts on the last day of the month or the first day of the next month generally.
For example, I started with them after the academic school year had started and my first pay period was from 20/09/22 until 15/10/22 paid into my account on 1/11/2022.

Basically, we are paid for a four week or three week period and it goes in monthly.

Now, my last pay period for the sixth month of work is going to end on March 18th, and will be paid into my account on 31/03/22 or 01/04/22 but my BRP expires on 28/03/22 and I will be submitting my application prior to that, probably Friday 25/03/2022 or Sunday 27/03/2022 (cutting it close, I know!) so I can still answer 'Yes' to the question 'have they been employed by the same employer for the last six months prior to the date of application? since I started working with them on September 20th, 2021.

But will it be sufficient to get a provisional payslip from my employer early and a letter explaining that it will be paid in on 31st March..??

Can I still provide that last bank statement if it's after the date of application??

I spoke to our school's bursar who does the payments and I thought maybe I could ask a favour and they could possibly submit my pay prior to the 28th of March, but she mentioned something about having to submit along with declarations to the HMCC is it, and since they're also a charity there is a lot of scrutiny, I believe. Anyway, I don't think that's going to be possible..

Please advise!
Thank you again.

SanDiegogirl Mar 14th 2022 3:53 pm

Re: Sixth month payment will go in my bank after BRP expiry date -- please advis

The rule is that financial documents must not be more than 28 old prior to the date of application.
YOU are going to be providing a payslip which will be issued AFTER your submission date.
Will a 'provisional' payslip, bank statement and explanatory letter be sufficient? I don't know. Case workers don't have leeway to be discretionary but you might be lucky ......

smineke Mar 19th 2022 12:08 pm

Re: Sixth month payment will go in my bank after BRP expiry date -- please advis

Thanks for replying, SDG.
Do you think this is a case where the clearance officer could refuse the application because it's considered incomplete? Or in essence, we don't hit the financial requirement because my sixth month of pay isn't before the application date, I guess.

I wonder if I can find some concrete notes on this online and forward them to our bursar to see if she'll reconsider.. If I can just get my payslip before this Friday and the money go into my account on Friday, it'll be just in time.
Does anyone have a link to the notes on this? Regarding documents submitted after the submission date, specifically payslips and/or payment going in, I suppose..

One final thing please:
If all my payslips are monthly and my pay goes into my bank account on the last day of the month, will it be worse if now I have one that is going in on the 25th? I suppose I will still want to write an explanatory letter..

I guess my only option right now is to try that, or if it just can't be done, to submit the online application and gather that final payslip and bank statement, and upload it with the rest..

If it does get rejected, does anyone think this could at all be grounds to try and appeal?

Thanks everyone. What would the rest of us do without your knowledge, experience and willingness to help!