Should spouse visa name the spouse ?

Old Jan 22nd 2016, 12:21 am
Just Joined

elpidiovaldez5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Should spouse visa name the spouse ?

My unmarried partner has just been granted a spouse/C.P. visa for the UK. She entered the UK with it yesterday with no problems, but now we have looked at it closely we noticed that it says:

Type: Spouse/CP - Spouse/CP of

It seems to suggest that the partner's name should be given. I found images of spouse visas on the internet and all of them had a name after the 'of'. What gives ? Is this a mistake or is it because we are partners and not officially married ? We are considering a trip to a Schengen country and the rules seem to say that non-EU nationals may accompany family members (including unmarried partners). In that case how is my partner meant to prove who her spouse is (bearing in mind we are not actually married and her visa does not name me) ?

many thanks if you can shed light on this.
Old Jan 22nd 2016, 9:54 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should spouse visa name the spouse ?

Originally Posted by elpidiovaldez5
My unmarried partner has just been granted a spouse/C.P. visa for the UK. She entered the UK with it yesterday with no problems, but now we have looked at it closely we noticed that it says:

Type: Spouse/CP - Spouse/CP of

It seems to suggest that the partner's name should be given. I found images of spouse visas on the internet and all of them had a name after the 'of'. What gives ? Is this a mistake or is it because we are partners and not officially married ? We are considering a trip to a Schengen country and the rules seem to say that non-EU nationals may accompany family members (including unmarried partners). In that case how is my partner meant to prove who her spouse is (bearing in mind we are not actually married and her visa does not name me) ?

many thanks if you can shed light on this.
That's odd - I've just checked my spouse visa and my husband's name is given after 'Spouse/CP of'. I'm sorry I can't help with your question, but I'm sure someone will be along to advise you.
Old Jan 22nd 2016, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

I just checked my husband's visa too and it has my name on it. If I were you I would probably call the Home Office for clarification.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 9:19 am
Just Joined

elpidiovaldez5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to both of you for replying. I am contacting immigration today to see if they can explain this.