Should I use VFS or UPS to return my documents?

Old Feb 20th 2019, 3:00 am
ntb
Forum Regular

ntb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Should I use VFS or UPS to return my documents?

Hi all,

I am applying for a UK spouse visa and will be sending the documents off in the next few days. One thing im confused about: do i have to use VFS for my documents to be returned or can I use UPS? The thing is the VFS label is up to 2lbs of weight and I believe mine may be a bit more. Will this be a problem? Or should just create a return label at UPS?

please please help
Old Feb 20th 2019, 11:47 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I use VFS or UPS to return my documents?

Not sure a USPS label is going to work if your documents are going to be returned from the UK.
Old Feb 20th 2019, 12:23 pm
ntb
Forum Regular

ntb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Not sure a USPS label is going to work if your documents are going to be returned from the UK.
No not USPS, UPS. It is stated on my confirmation letter that I may use it. Just dont know which is better.
Old Feb 20th 2019, 12:42 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ntb
No not USPS, UPS. It is stated on my confirmation letter that I may use it. Just dont know which is better.
Ah, my apologies. I have no experience with which is better, sorry.
Old Feb 20th 2019, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

PrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond repute

We used UPS for a couple of reasons: firstly, we tried to get the VFS labels, but because of a website glitch, they didn't attach to the confirmation email we were sent, and they also didn't print from the website. Secondly, our parcel weighed about 3.5lb, so in the end we assumed we might have trouble with the 2lb-maximum-weight UPS labels from VFS anyway. Basically, we brought the parcel to the UPS store, purchased the outbound shipping and asked the good folks there for a return shipping label for the same set of documents. We inserted the return label and an unused envelope into the package and sent it off. It got there: now we're just waiting to see if the visa is approved!