Shipping labels

Old Feb 23rd 2019, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

nclarke1899 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping labels

Good evening,

I am new to this forum. So apologies if these questions have been asked previously.

I am a British Citizen (dual Nationality with USA) and I am married to an American Citizen.

My wife and I have decided to move to the UK. I fulfil all of the criteria in terms of residence earnings etc. I have completed all of the relevant documentation and she has a biometrics appointment scheduled for Tuesday 26th February 2019 at 12.00 ET. My only problem thus far is how I get the prepaid US electronic shipping label? I have tried via the VFS link and it keeps adding characters to my password, which results in needing to reset it. I have finally got on to the page but am still struggling, as I am not sure 1) if I would be better to upload all of the information required via computer or to mail it with my wifes passport 2) Which service is best to book?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Feb 24th 2019, 1:17 am
ntb
Forum Regular

ntb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping labels

Originally Posted by nclarke1899
Good evening,

I am new to this forum. So apologies if these questions have been asked previously.

I am a British Citizen (dual Nationality with USA) and I am married to an American Citizen.

My wife and I have decided to move to the UK. I fulfil all of the criteria in terms of residence earnings etc. I have completed all of the relevant documentation and she has a biometrics appointment scheduled for Tuesday 26th February 2019 at 12.00 ET. My only problem thus far is how I get the prepaid US electronic shipping label? I have tried via the VFS link and it keeps adding characters to my password, which results in needing to reset it. I have finally got on to the page but am still struggling, as I am not sure 1) if I would be better to upload all of the information required via computer or to mail it with my wifes passport 2) Which service is best to book?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

from what i’ve heard, it’s much better to mail it over to them with the passport. I just recently did the same.
Old Feb 24th 2019, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your suggestion, I think this is the best option for me too, I don't like having personal information on my computer.

How did you go about getting the printed label? does it have to be via the VFS or can it be purchased from UPS directly? I assume your spouse is also a US Citizen?

Thanks
Old Feb 24th 2019, 5:12 pm
ntb
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nclarke1899
Thanks for your suggestion, I think this is the best option for me too, I don't like having personal information on my computer.

How did you go about getting the printed label? does it have to be via the VFS or can it be purchased from UPS directly? I assume your spouse is also a US Citizen?

Thanks
I am a US citizen and applying for the spouse visa, my husband is a UK citizen
I would purchase everything from UPS because i heard people are having trouble with printing the label on the VFS website.
I just went to UPS told them to ship to the address in NY and told them i also need to purchase a return label along with a package. They put the package and return label inside with all my supporting documents.
ps. They ONLY accept UPS or the VFS service.
Old Feb 25th 2019, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your response, I will advise my wife to go to UPS and purchase the mentioned documents.

Does she need to send her passport with the documents? as we have a photocopy of it in with the supporting documents? (I only ask as she has another UK trip planned at the end of March).

Thanks
Old Feb 25th 2019, 4:58 pm
ntb
Forum Regular

She HAS TO submit her passport with her documents unfortunately it will be an automatic refusal if you don’t because the visa is put in the passport. If you purchase priority for your visa to be processed quicker, you are not able to keep you passport. You have to do non-priority and THEN purchase this privledge to keep your passport through VFS.

But i do not think she will he allowed in the uk while her visa is being processed im afraid.
I’ve read numerous forums thats have mentioned this.