British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Sheffield is asking for additional documents that were scanned at VFS center (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/sheffield-asking-additional-documents-were-scanned-vfs-center-903481/)

Sunny girl Sep 18th 2017 1:22 pm

Sheffield is asking for additional documents that were scanned at VFS center

Hi

Does anyone have the same experience?

I don't know what wrong with them because the documents they are asking for have been submitted to vfs centre.

Why do they ask for the same documents again?

Quophi Sep 18th 2017 1:51 pm

Re: Sheffield is asking for additional documents that were scanned at VFS center

Originally Posted by Sunny girl (Post 12340616)
Hi

I don't know what wrong with them because the documents they are asking for have been submitted to vfs centre.

I was asked to do same after paying for Priority and waiting for 58 working days. The later sent "case not straightforward email". Now am in limbo, don't know how long I have to wait, so frustrating

Sunny girl Sep 18th 2017 2:06 pm

Re: Sheffield is asking for additional documents that were scanned at VFS center

I paid priority also. Seems they are playing another game with us.

Quophi Sep 18th 2017 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Sunny girl (Post 12340673)
I paid priority also. Seems they are playing another game with us.

Definitely and unfortunately there is no way to hold them accountable. I was told to only 'hope' when I called the call centre. Did they send you the 'not straightforward email also'?

Sunny girl Sep 18th 2017 2:45 pm

Not yet because it happened on my 40th day.

YXY1984 Sep 19th 2017 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Sunny girl (Post 12340709)
Not yet because it happened on my 40th day.

Do you mind saying what documents they have asked for? And where did you apply from?

Hope once you send them the docs, the visa will come through....!

b813 Sep 28th 2017 1:10 am

Hi, got the same email after w/d 45, priority, Hong Kong. All documents were scanned via VFS but HO saying they didn't receive our supporting documents. Been told by UKVI to just send documents via post again so will do that today.

Anyone had any further progress?

Why can't they get anything right?????

j4v3d Sep 28th 2017 3:47 pm

Seems like a horrible trend at the moment - Clearly they are showing their incompetency

Sunny girl Sep 28th 2017 4:18 pm

Making mistake intentionally to control immigration

j4v3d Sep 29th 2017 9:32 am

They clearly do not have the staff at the moment to cope with the amount of applications that are flooding in.

Arkadius Sep 30th 2017 10:05 am

Same here

my wife applied on 7th August
on 24th August she got "case not straightforward email" and VFS called and asked to send all the supporting documents again, and they arrange courier to collect it.

We haven't heard from them since then.

b813 Oct 1st 2017 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Arkadius (Post 12350395)
Same here

my wife applied on 7th August
on 24th August she got "case not straightforward email" and VFS called and asked to send all the supporting documents again, and they arrange courier to collect it.

We haven't heard from them since then.

Where are you applying from and where were your documents sent from?

I received a similar email requesting for us to send our supporting documents in again so we called up UKVI. They told us to send documents to them from HK although we had already scanned them in. We then went into the VFS Centre in HK and they helped to confirm that the documents were correctly uploaded and available to Sheffield on the portal.

We get VFS Global in HK to send Sheffield an email informing them of this and 3 hours later we receive an email from Decision Making Centre apologising that they sent us the email requesting for our supporting documents in error.

That was on Friday and we haven't heard further as yet.

b813 Oct 1st 2017 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Sunny girl (Post 12340616)
Hi

Where are you applying from? You may want to do what I did as mentioned in my previous post.

Arkadius Oct 1st 2017 6:39 am

Hi b813

we applied from Manila, Philippines

b813 Oct 2nd 2017 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Arkadius (Post 12350765)
Hi b813

we applied from Manila, Philippines

You could go back to your local visa centre and ask them to help you drop an email to Sheffield ensuring they still have your documents.