Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Settlement Visa from Hong Kong - Keep My Passport Service

Settlement Visa from Hong Kong - Keep My Passport Service

Old Aug 21st 2018, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

arnieg123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Settlement Visa from Hong Kong - Keep My Passport Service

Hi everyone,

This is my first post but I have been reading other threads on BE for a very long time.

I am going to be applying for the settlement visa from Hong Kong for myself ver soon but I have a trip to India due in late Dec this year:

I want to use the "Keep My Passport Service" during my application via the VFS website but I have a few questions:

1. When do I need to hand in the passport once the decision is made?
2. How long does it take to get the visa vignette on the passport once I have submitted?
3. Does the passport gets sent to Sheffield UK or stays at VFS?

I am not applying for priority as I would like to keep my passport during the application but I am worried about how long does it take to get the passport back once decision is made.

Not able to find anything anywhere. Any kind of help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!
Old Aug 21st 2018, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Shadowfair is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Settlement Visa from Hong Kong - Keep My Passport Service

1. I used TLS and they only wanted back if granted visa , in event of refusal you don't need to resubmit. That is what it says on the form

2. on the form I have it says up to 4 working days but could be longer. have seen few members waiting in excess of two weeks

3. not sure, I guess they send the vignette from sheffield to the VFS/TLS to stick it on as there is no point to send the passport to Sheffield and back
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 7:48 am
Just Joined

arnieg123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Settlement Visa from Hong Kong - Keep My Passport Service

Thanks a ton, Shadowfair! I will look into it further and see what I can find. Overnight, we decided to apply from India instead of Hong Kong as I will already be there in December and can apply via priority.

Might ask questions as we progress through the applications.

Thanks a ton!