Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Settlement visa fincial, employment reuirements for spouse

Settlement visa fincial, employment reuirements for spouse

Old Apr 22nd 2014, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

BondSurf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Settlement visa fincial, employment reuirements for spouse

Hi all

Not new to this board just lost my old email address, Anyway I have a question or question's.

what are the financial requirements for entry to the uk for a Australian spouse how much is exactly needed. And what are the terms for employment for the british citizen that need showing etc

regards
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice
Default Re: Settlement visa fincial, employment reuirements for spouse

Hi,
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spouse_Immigration-UK_
The wiki above has all the info.
Summary: Two routes:
1 Earnings - Brit sponsor has to be making 18600GBP/yr or more for six months before application + have a job offer in the UK starting within three months of application at the same rate or more.
2 Savings - Brit or both has to have savings for six months of 62500GBP

OR a combo of both - there is a formula.

Good luck
Cheers,
Nigel
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

BondSurf is an unknown quantity at this point

wow 62000 for 6months

I have another question my spouse still has 1month left on a uk settlement visa. What are the chances of getting an extension on that visa i.e flr and what are the finicial, employment options etc. The visa was applied before the 2012 rule came into effect.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 9:19 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BondSurf
wow 62000 for 6months

I have another question my spouse still has 1month left on a uk settlement visa. What are the chances of getting an extension on that visa i.e flr and what are the finicial, employment options etc. The visa was applied before the 2012 rule came into effect.
Are you living outside the UK, and your Other Half has a settlement visa issued under the old rules that is still valid? (Easiest way to tell which rules is by how long the visa validity period is... Old ones are 24-27 months, new ones are 30-33 months.)
Old Apr 24th 2014, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

Get in to the UK now! Before the last via expires and apply for FLR under the old rules, three will be no financial requirement etc. but this can only be done while here current visa is still valid and from within the UK.