Settlement Visa - Financial Requirements

Old Sep 23rd 2015, 6:59 pm
Next chapter awaits

HighCaper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Settlement Visa - Financial Requirements

Hi All

Since making the decision to return to the UK next year (2016) my head has been swimming in information regarding the required visa for my South African husband and step-daughter.

I've been looking at the savings route and neglected to look at income route which is currently being earned in SA.

1. Will my husbands (non-Brit) salary count towards meeting the earnings category ?

2. Will my (Brit Citizen) earnings in SA count towards meeting the earnings category ? If so, how long do I need to earn the amount required to sponsor a spouse and 1 Child ?

3. What are the requirements of me (Brit) to obtain a salary once we arrive in the UK ? If so, how much would I need to earn ?

Thanking you in advance
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 8:37 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Settlement Visa - Financial Requirements

1. No.

2. No.

3. A couple of months should do to get the ball rolling. The salary requirement is £22,400 for a spouse plus one child who is not otherwise entitled to a British passport (in this case is not your child or adopted by you), or entitled to a passport from another EU country (what is/was the nationality of the child's other parent?)

Your income requirement in the UK can be reduced by any qualifying savings that you have.

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 23rd 2015 at 8:46 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Settlement Visa - Financial Requirements

Have a read through the requirements to see which catagory to sponsor suits your situation. Come back and ask if you have any questions on a catagory.

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/eligibility

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ugust_2015.pdf

Last edited by formula; Sep 23rd 2015 at 11:26 pm.