Settlement Visa error on online application

Old Oct 6th 2019, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

MedusaSunshine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Settlement Visa error on online application

Hello,

Sorry for the abrupt post, I am hoping to get some guidance.
Recently my (US) husband and I (UK) have submitted the online form for his Settlement Visa in the UK. Yes paid and for IHS paid.
I have just noticed that there is an error on the form, for the issuing authority of both passports.
I do not know how I overlooked this before submitting.
Now I am stuck. I do not know if I should cancel the visa application and submit a new one.
I have seen that some other people with errors have said that they printed out the completed application with the errors.
They said they put a line through the error and then hand write the correct details with initials by it. Along with this they write a cover letter explaining the error and that they have corrected it on the hard copy.
As it is the weekend I cannot contact the helpline and the same goes for their e-mail.

I am really hoping for anyone's input on this

Thank you.

Sorry I posted this in the wrong area at first
Old Oct 8th 2019, 11:37 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Settlement Visa error on online application

What was the error you made?
Old Oct 9th 2019, 12:28 am
Just Joined

Hello,

Thank you for your response.
I mistook the Issuing Authority to be the Issuing Country.
I have made a cover letter detailing the error.
In the letter I have advised that I have amended the error on the printed copy. (line through incorrect data and hand written correction as shown on the passport.)
Old Oct 9th 2019, 12:30 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

In that case it’s really not going to be an issue.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 12:32 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your time. Sorry.
I was very distraught when I noticed this mistake and frustrated when I was unable to contact anyone for guidance.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 7:52 am

Not to worry, it’s by far the least important piece of information on your passport.