Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Settlement visa : Biometric appointment Washington dc or Baltimore availability

Settlement visa : Biometric appointment Washington dc or Baltimore availability

Old Apr 7th 2021, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Dekan1s3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Settlement visa : Biometric appointment Washington dc or Baltimore availability

Hi
My wife has applied for a UK Spouse Settlement visa but we are struggling to obtain a: Biometric appointment in the Washington dc area. We selected the Washington DC ASC, submitted the application and uploaded the documents however we then only see a statement on the appointment page "Due to COVID safety protocols, that limit our capacity, there are currently no appointments available at your chosen Visa Application Centre. Please do check back regularly, as new appointments will continue to be released.

We have been checking this for a number of days and it hasnt changed. Has anyone managed to obtain a biometric appointment a different way ? If we had selected VFS Global Premium Application Center for Washington dc ( we would have to pay the $1200 extra but happy to do so if we can get an appointment) would this make a difference? or does anyone know if the Baltimore ASC if offering interviews as we would be willing to cancel the application and re apply. Wondered what applicants recent experiences were in getting a bio metric appointment in the DC and Baltimore area.. .

Thanks Dekan.
Old Apr 13th 2021, 9:53 am
Just Joined

Dekan1s3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Settlement visa : Biometric appointment Washington dc or Baltimore availabil

Checked today and one appointment came up for in a months time which we have taken so all good vfs global also came back to me today and sent me instructions on how to change the asc in the application. I didnt need to do this but apparently if you keep clicking the back button you will be able to.