Settlement visa 5 months and counting. What went wrong?

Old Oct 3rd 2016, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Familyman1991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Settlement visa 5 months and counting. What went wrong?

Hi everyone I'm looking for some advice.

I am a British citizen. My wife is a USA citizen. On June 13th 2016 we sent off visa settlement applications for my wife and my step son (along with army appendix forms as I'm a serving soldier). On August 10th we finally got an email saying the office had received the visas and we're now getting ready to be processed. It's now October 3rd and we have not heard a peep. Nothing to tell us it's been differed or anything. Has anyone else experienced this absolute silence?

And was anyone else's application date months after they sent the application?

Thank you.
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Settlement visa 5 months and counting. What went wrong?

The UKVI website quotes a general timeline of 12 weeks (60 days) to obtain settlement visas.

There is a website which shows individual timelines from whichever country you applied.

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/

All the timelines are general and there are provisos stating that "timelines might differ depending on circumstances. Note that the timelines given on the above website are historical, not current.

People usually use the date on which Sheffield receives the documents as the start date of the process; and its working days not calendar days.

You say your docs were received 10 August, so you have only been waiting 38 working days.
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

sgkalina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Settlement visa 5 months and counting. What went wrong?

Just an FYI -- on another forum I am on for expats -- it has been stated that there is curently a backlog of applications that have flooded into the Sheffield office.

You can always contact visa Immigration and ask for a status. but considering when you have sent them in, you will probably be hearing from them soon enough