Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Settled Status, ILR, or Direct to Citizenship Application?

Settled Status, ILR, or Direct to Citizenship Application?

Old May 11th 2024, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Huffalump is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Settled Status, ILR, or Direct to Citizenship Application?

Hey there
Looking for advice on which application to complete at this stage of my journey. I'm American, kids born in U.S., spouse is British by descent. We all came to UK via Surinder Singh pre-Brexit, applied for and successfully obtained pre-settled status post-brexit, applied for and successfully granted british citizenship for kids after 3 years in U.K. Just hit my 5 years here and sat down to apply for ILR, but found some of the UK gov guidance a bit vague - too many 'you mights' and 'you mays' for my neurodivergent brain - and now hoping someone can clarify which path is best for me to take, please?
Old May 12th 2024, 1:36 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Settled Status, ILR, or Direct to Citizenship Application?

If you hold pre-settled status then you should be applying for settled status. Once granted you can submit your application for naturalisation.

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu...settled-status