Serious cockup with Sheffield.

Old Feb 27th 2017, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Serious cockup with Sheffield.

Good news indeed! Wishing all the very best for the future
Old Mar 6th 2017, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perth
Good news indeed! Wishing all the very best for the future
Visa and passport are in hand as of this morning!

Huge question: Since my last visa, which was given a valid from and valid until range of 2 years, 3 months, this visa has a validity range of only 30 days. Must I resend the passport for a new visa once in the UK?

This is new.
Old Mar 6th 2017, 4:11 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bomjeito
Visa and passport are in hand as of this morning!

Huge question: Since my last visa, which was given a valid from and valid until range of 2 years, 3 months, this visa has a validity range of only 30 days. Must I resend the passport for a new visa once in the UK?

This is new.
Congratulations, glad you managed to get it sorted out.

The vignette in your passport is only for your initial entry into the UK which you'll need to make within the 30 day window you have been given. You then have ten days to collect your BRP from the Post Office. This acts as your visa. You should ensure to take it with you whenever you travel outside the UK.
Old Mar 6th 2017, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Congratulations, glad you managed to get it sorted out.

The vignette in your passport is only for your initial entry into the UK which you'll need to make within the 30 day window you have been given. You then have ten days to collect your BRP from the Post Office. This acts as your visa. You should ensure to take it with you whenever you travel outside the UK.
Oh man, really? I have to carry something separate with my passport? What a terrible change. Bad enough when my passport renews next year, I'll have to carry that plus this BRP too.

Thanks for the info.
Old Mar 6th 2017, 4:33 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Oh man, really? I have to carry something separate with my passport? What a terrible change. Bad enough when my passport renews next year, I'll have to carry that plus this BRP too.

Thanks for the info.
The benefit is that when you renew your passport you don't have to carry both your old and new passports together. It resembles a driving licence so it's easy to carry with you as a matter of course in a purse or wallet to use as ID. Alternatively get a cover for your passport and tuck it in so you don't forget it when you travel.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 6:37 pm
Banned

brhmyildiz is an unknown quantity at this point

you can check this website https://www.gov.uk/ask-for-a-visa-ad...outside-the-uk
Old Apr 1st 2017, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if you are still around OP but wanted to let you know that an almost identical situation has occurred on a US/UK spouse visa facebook page we follow. Have sent them a link to your post. They really are messing around with people's lives here
Old Apr 1st 2017, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Perth
Not sure if you are still around OP but wanted to let you know that an almost identical situation has occurred on a US/UK spouse visa facebook page we follow. Have sent them a link to your post. They really are messing around with people's lives here
Glad you posted a link to this thread. I can't tell you the undue upset and worry this gave us!
Old Apr 1st 2017, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glad you posted a link to this thread. I can't tell you the undue upset and worry this gave us!
Annnnnd...it's happened again! This time the visa was actually granted but the passport and documents returned to the wrong person. The person who received the wrong package has no idea about the status of their application! They really are taking the piss now...