SELF EMPLOYMENT documents

Old Mar 18th 2019, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

jason1965 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SELF EMPLOYMENT documents

I just need some advice, i am self employed and meet the financial requirements, i have my tax return for 2017/2018, the issue i have is that i do all my tax returns on line, so there is not an original copy, I rang HMRC and they said we can send you your tax return but it will be the same as the one you can print of yourself , so my question is what do i do about getting them noturized or do i need to. ?
Old Mar 20th 2019, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

JERIN04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SELF EMPLOYMENT documents

I strongly suggest you take this more seriously.
I am self-employed and submitted my application in Feb 25th. My decision is made and passport is on its way back.
I had to involve a immigration solicitor to check all my documentation. Below is a list of things the solicitor told me to collect, which I did. Its very difficult for us compared to normal permanent employees.
My application was well over 300 pages due to personal and business bank statement along with company docs.

Before submitting makes sure you have all the docs, all organised. There is also bar-code separators on VFS website which can be used to section of documents, You need to make their life easier so they can make a decision quickly.

8 . Letter from Accountant . Please note you will have to submit a current one along with the application.
9. Share Certificate
10. Company Tax Return CT600 for the last full financial year
11. Evidence of registration with the Registrar of Companies at Companies House.
12. Un audited accounts / Management accounts
13. Corporate/business bank statements covering the same 12-month period as Company Tax Return CT600
14. A current Appointment Report from Companies House
15. A certificate of VAT registration and the VAT return for the last full financial year
16. Proof of ownership or lease of business premises.
17. Dividends.

Also if you are paying yourself salary of more than 18k, don't apply as self-employed. There is too much head ache and paperwork.
I took all my money as dividends and kept salary to minimal - which caused a lot of headache for visa application.

Last edited by JERIN04; Mar 20th 2019 at 8:07 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2019, 8:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JERIN04
I strongly suggest you take this more seriously.
I am self-employed and submitted my application in Feb 25th. My decision is made and passport is on its way back.
I had to involve a immigration solicitor to check all my documentation. Below is a list of things the solicitor told me to collect, which I did. Its very difficult for us compared to normal permanent employees.
My application was well over 300 pages due to personal and business bank statement along with company docs.

Before submitting makes sure you have all the docs, all organised. There is also bar-code separators on VFS website which can be used to section of documents, You need to make their life easier so they can make a decision quickly.

<!--br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->8 . Letter from Accountant . Please note you will have to submit a current one along with the application.9. Share Certificate10. Company Tax Return CT600 for the last full financial year11. Evidence of registration with the Registrar of Companies at Companies House.12. Un audited accounts / Management accounts13. Corporate/business bank statements covering the same 12-month period as Company Tax Return CT60014. A current Appointment Report from Companies House15. A certificate of VAT registration and the VAT return for the last full financial year16. Proof of ownership or lease of business premises.17. Dividends.
Not sure why you think the OP isn't taking his application seriously? But the majority of your list wouldn't apply - seems to be geared more towards directors of Ltd companies rather than those who are self-employed? There's no need to use an immi consultant for most people either.

Welcome to BE.
Old Mar 20th 2019, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

JERIN04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay. NP
Old Mar 21st 2019, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

jason1965 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sole trader, all i asked was about tax return documents, no need to imply im not taking it serious.