Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Seeking advice and help for the stocks and shares meeting the financial requirment

Seeking advice and help for the stocks and shares meeting the financial requirment

Old May 8th 2014, 10:09 pm
V87
Just Joined

V87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seeking advice and help for the stocks and shares meeting the financial requirment

Hi, I was wondering if anyone might be able to help?

Me and my Husband have submitted an application for a spouse visa. In the application the financial requirment was questioned as my job was not enough and so I made up the correct stortage through an Investment ISA in Stocks and Shares. As this is pending, on the basis that it is not in liquid cash we have descided to withdraw the application and put in a fresh application once the stocks and shares are sold with everything updated and a fresh covering letter. My question is, is there anything I might have missed when selling the stocks and shares ISA, once they are sold and the funds are transfured into my current account with a bank covering letter, a portfolio report and statements is there any other detail I may have missed?

Thanks in advance your your help.
Old May 9th 2014, 7:16 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seeking advice and help for the stocks and shares meeting the financial requirmen

Originally Posted by V87
Hi, I was wondering if anyone might be able to help?

Me and my Husband have submitted an application for a spouse visa. In the application the financial requirment was questioned as my job was not enough and so I made up the correct stortage through an Investment ISA in Stocks and Shares. As this is pending, on the basis that it is not in liquid cash we have descided to withdraw the application and put in a fresh application once the stocks and shares are sold with everything updated and a fresh covering letter. My question is, is there anything I might have missed when selling the stocks and shares ISA, once they are sold and the funds are transfured into my current account with a bank covering letter, a portfolio report and statements is there any other detail I may have missed?

Thanks in advance your your help.
Isn't the money supposed to have been in the bank for a certain amount of time?
Old May 9th 2014, 8:21 am
V87
Just Joined

Default Re: Seeking advice and help for the stocks and shares meeting the financial requirmen

yes as far as I'm aware with stocks and shares there needs to be statements for the previous 12 months before cashing them in, to show then as cash savings.
Old May 9th 2014, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice

As I understand it the stocks have to be in your control for six months before the application. And then cashed in to a savings account just prior to application. They have to be in the Brit sponsors name. Or both the Brit sponsor and applicants name. And you have to show where the funds came from. I just received my wifes settlement visa using savings and I wrote a letter explaining my line of work and that I saved X amount per month over the last X years. I provided my last few pay slips as evidence to support my savings rate and I provided my last six months of bank statements. And they were all countersigned by the band (which had been suggested to do by the good folk this forum).

Good luck
Cheers
Nigel
Old May 9th 2014, 12:54 pm
V87
Just Joined

Hi Nigel, first of all congratulations on receiving your wifes visa.

My main problem was the money was held in an Investment ISA and although the account is classed as a savings account the money was all in stocks. I've just sold them all and put the money into my account. Praying this time everything is correct with all the paperwork ie statements and explanations. The first application we went through the lawyer who had explained each section but failed to spot this huge floor of the money not being counted as it was held in shares.