Schengen Visa for Spain, Spouse, Family member

Old Nov 19th 2019, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Confusedperson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Schengen Visa for Spain, Spouse, Family member

Hi there

I want to know if anyone knows about the issue I am having.

I want to apply for a Schengen visa for my husband who is a Bangladesh National. He is in the UK living as a resident and holds a leave to enter resident card.
I applied online without an issue and we went for an appointment but they refused our documents saying that the visa will be refused. Our marriage certificate is issued and translated in Bangladesh. The man said that it needs to be stamped and valid by an EU recognising member. However it doesn't make sense as I used the same official marriage certificate for my husbands UK visa. What should I do as I need the visa within the next 3 weeks as I plan to go to Spain in 16 December 2019.

Also, My name is present on my husband passport under spouse.

please let me know if you have any idea about my situation and can give me advice.

Thanks

Old Nov 19th 2019, 9:19 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schengen Visa for Spain, Spouse, Family member

I cant answer your question, but that is the sort of problem that third country Brits will have after Brexit.
Old Nov 20th 2019, 5:42 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps they are looking for confirmation that document is not a forgery? I suggest you contact UK embassy and / or whatever UK government department issued husband with leave to enter certificate.
Old Nov 20th 2019, 6:24 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confusedperson
Hi there

I want to know if anyone knows about the issue I am having.

I want to apply for a Schengen visa for my husband who is a Bangladesh National. He is in the UK living as a resident and holds a leave to enter resident card.
I applied online without an issue and we went for an appointment but they refused our documents saying that the visa will be refused. Our marriage certificate is issued and translated in Bangladesh. The man said that it needs to be stamped and valid by an EU recognising member. However it doesn't make sense as I used the same official marriage certificate for my husbands UK visa. What should I do as I need the visa within the next 3 weeks as I plan to go to Spain in 16 December 2019.

Also, My name is present on my husband passport under spouse.

please let me know if you have any idea about my situation and can give me advice.

Thanks
Try posting your question here https://britishexpats.com/forum/citi...-visas-uk-196/ A BE member who posts there (Brit in Paris) will probably be able to advise you.
Old Nov 20th 2019, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
I cant answer your question, but that is the sort of problem that third country Brits will have after Brexit.
Off topic but depends in which part of the UK you were born. If you want to give your child both options, just give birth in Northern Ireland. There seems to be issues at the moment, but worst case would be to renounce if you prefer EU.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...ules-1.4049810
Old Nov 20th 2019, 9:26 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting article.
[b=left]Irish nationality law[/b] is contained in the provisions of the [i=left]Irish Nationality and Citizenship Acts 1956 to 2004[/i] and in the relevant provisions of the Irish Constitution. A person may be an Irish citizen=left[1] through birth, descent, marriage to an Irish citizen or through naturalisation. The law grants citizenship to individuals born in Northern Ireland under the same conditions as those born in the Republic of Ireland.
One could arrange to have child born south of the border or in any another EU country.

It would seem that this lady has created this issue by standing by her principles.
In 2015, Ms DeSouza made the residence card application identifying herself as an Irish citizen. The Home Office rejected it on the grounds that it considered her to be a British citizen.
Had she identified herself as "British" on the application, her husband would have been granted a residence card in 2015.
She could easily renounce her British Nationality, which appears to offend her and apply for Irish Nationality. However I suspect she wants to have the benefit of being a UK national.

Last edited by missile; Nov 20th 2019 at 9:32 am.
Old Nov 20th 2019, 9:35 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
No, they won’t.
Old Nov 20th 2019, 9:39 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schengen visa application for spain

Which visa were you applying for? If your husband’s application has been automatically rejected on the basis of your marriage certificate then it sounds you were applying for a EU/EEA family member visa rather than a Schengen visa. Can you confirm?
Old Nov 20th 2019, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

Confusedperson is an unknown quantity at this point

It wasnt automatically rejected, the man at the center said it wont be accepted so we didnt submit our papers. We applied for Schengen visa through family member checklist. Is states that the wedding certificate needs to be validated in EU.

Old Jan 25th 2020, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by Confusedperson
It wasnt automatically rejected, the man at the center said it wont be accepted so we didnt submit our papers. We applied for Schengen visa through family member checklist. Is states that the wedding certificate needs to be validated in EU.
It can’t be if you didn’t marry in the EU. Does your marriage certificate have an Apostille?