Savings Route for UK Return

Old Feb 16th 2016, 12:14 am
Just Joined

Topspliff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Savings Route for UK Return

Hi all

I'm looking at bringing my Indonesian wife and daughter to the UK this year.

We also have another daughter but she has a UK passport.

One stipulation that I have with the move is that we all travel together as a family, no way I'm leaving them here and they follow later, that to me is unacceptable.

I currently have employment here in Jakarta, but can transfer to the UK office, so already have a job and work guaranteed.

From what I have read I would need to earn £22400 per year to qualify, covering both my wife and Indo daughter.

If I were to get my salary paid into my UK account from now February and move in June to the UK would that be sufficient to prove to the UK government?.

I understand I also need pay slips etc, which I would have by June.

The other option is the savings route, Wife and Daughter =£72000

If I deposit this into a joint bank account now in the UK, could we then travel in June with no problems?

Also how long does this money have to stay in this special account, 1 year, 2 year etc as I can not find this information, especially as once there I would be earning a UK salary anyway.

Many thanks in advance.

Alan
Old Feb 16th 2016, 12:26 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Savings Route for UK Return

Originally Posted by Topspliff
Hi all

I'm looking at bringing my Indonesian wife and daughter to the UK this year.

We also have another daughter but she has a UK passport.

One stipulation that I have with the move is that we all travel together as a family, no way I'm leaving them here and they follow later, that to me is unacceptable.

I currently have employment here in Jakarta, but can transfer to the UK office, so already have a job and work guaranteed.

From what I have read I would need to earn £22400 per year to qualify, covering both my wife and Indo daughter.

If I were to get my salary paid into my UK account from now February and move in June to the UK would that be sufficient to prove to the UK government?.

I understand I also need pay slips etc, which I would have by June.

The other option is the savings route, Wife and Daughter =£72000

If I deposit this into a joint bank account now in the UK, could we then travel in June with no problems?

Also how long does this money have to stay in this special account, 1 year, 2 year etc as I can not find this information, especially as once there I would be earning a UK salary anyway.

Many thanks in advance.

Alan
Hi Alan. If you're using the cash saving route, the money needs to have been sitting in an account for 6 months prior to the date you apply for the visa. The account needs to be one that allows you to immediately access your cash (with or without penalty).

The funds don't have to be in a UK bank, ours were in our Australian bank account. It's important to remember that the funds can't dip below the required level at any time during that 6 months. The Home Office uses oanda.com to calculate the currency conversion.

The only way 'around' the 6 months requirement is if you're using the proceeds of a property to fund the financial requirements. In this case, you can use those funds as soon as they're cleared, but you must show that you/your wife/both of you owned that property for a minimum of (I think) 6 months prior to selling it.

Once your wife and child have their visas, you can all travel together. Best of luck.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Feb 16th 2016 at 12:29 am.
Old Feb 16th 2016, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Savings Route for UK Return

You have now started a second thread asking the same questions.

If you look at your other thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...gether-871135/

you will find answers to some of your questions and also the link to Appendix 1.7 which gives all the information regarding each of the financial categories under which you can qualify.

Perhaps a mod could incorporate all the OP's questions into one thread?