Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Same IELTS Life Skills B1 certificate for FLRm and Indefinite Leave to Remain

Same IELTS Life Skills B1 certificate for FLRm and Indefinite Leave to Remain

Old Dec 31st 2020, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

mark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of light
Question Same IELTS Life Skills B1 certificate for FLRm and Indefinite Leave to Remain

Hello,

Just wondering if the same IELTS B1 certificate can be used for both further leave to remain at the 2.5 year mark and indefinite leave to remain at the five year mark for my wife's visa? Her further leave to remain application is next year (2021) and we don't know if she should do the Life Skills A2 test now or the Life Skills B1 test. I'm thinking that she might as well go for the B1 if she can use the same certificate again at the indefinite leave to remain stage.

Any help or insight on previous experience would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Dec 31st 2020, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Same IELTS Life Skills B1 certificate for FLRm and Indefinite Leave to Remai

IELTS certificates have a "use-by date". Not sure how long that it is now. I was in the front-line as an examiner for a while but I did not concern myself too much with how the certificates were used.

I suggest you check the current set-up re validity on the IELTS website.
Old Dec 31st 2020, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Same IELTS Life Skills B1 certificate for FLRm and Indefinite Leave to Remai

Originally Posted by mark_sheffield
Hello,

Just wondering if the same IELTS B1 certificate can be used for both further leave to remain at the 2.5 year mark and indefinite leave to remain at the five year mark for my wife's visa? Her further leave to remain application is next year (2021) and we don't know if she should do the Life Skills A2 test now or the Life Skills B1 test. I'm thinking that she might as well go for the B1 if she can use the same certificate again at the indefinite leave to remain stage.

Any help or insight on previous experience would be appreciated.

Thanks
Yes, you can. I checked as my wife is in the same situation, her ILR application is in March and she will use the certificate she used for FLR.

See this useful thread....

Spouse Visa 5 year route- What is required and what to do.

Last edited by DernierVirage; Dec 31st 2020 at 11:15 am. Reason: Add link
Old Dec 31st 2020, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

mark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DernierVirage
Yes, you can. I checked as my wife is in the same situation, her ILR application is in March and she will use the certificate she used for FLR.

See this useful thread....

Spouse Visa 5 year route- What is required and what to do.
Nice one. That's really good to know.
Old Dec 31st 2020, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scot47
IELTS certificates have a "use-by date". Not sure how long that it is now. I was in the front-line as an examiner for a while but I did not concern myself too much with how the certificates were used.

I suggest you check the current set-up re validity on the IELTS website.
Thanks for replying. As a former examiner, have you got any tips on passing the Life Skills B1 test? It looks pretty similar to the A1 test my wife did to get her first visa.
Old Dec 31st 2020, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been away for 10 years. Forgotten it all - and there have been changes. It might be worth checking if she can do a short preparation course.
Old Dec 31st 2020, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Policy reader is an unknown quantity at this point

This question is the most frequently asked one from ever since, if not in this forum, but definitely at elsewhere. That is the reason, there is high tendency among none-English speaking applicants to undertake the B1 test because of its reusability for all subsequent applications provided the rules wouldn't change dramatically in near future. A1,A2 and B1 all are similar in its format, preparation and outcome (pass/fail) except each one takes slightly different minutes to complete during the actual test.