Russian fiancée - best way to marry and settle in UK?

Old Dec 10th 2018, 12:27 am
Just Joined

Eric1956 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Russian fiancée - best way to marry and settle in UK?

Originally Posted by bookerw100
In our case, the sponsor had to send the supporting documents from the UK within 10 working days (if priority, 20 for non priority) of applicant giving their bio metrics in their home country. The applicant just needed to take the passport,2xphotos, signed application form and appendix 2 form to her appointment in the home country.
The TLScontact page for Moscow states in Step 3 that all supporting documents should be taken by the Applicant to the biometrics interview, where they will be scanned. You will need to check the rules for your nearest centre in Russia.

My Ukrainian wife has now waited over 6 months for her spouse visa, which is probably down to the political situation regarding her 'homeland' being Crimea. Good luck.
Old Dec 10th 2018, 7:00 am
Just Joined

Partario is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eric1956
The TLScontact page for Moscow states in Step 3 that all supporting documents should be taken by the Applicant to the biometrics interview, where they will be scanned. You will need to check the rules for your nearest centre in Russia.

My Ukrainian wife has now waited over 6 months for her spouse visa, which is probably down to the political situation regarding her 'homeland' being Crimea. Good luck.
It would indeed be Moscow so it sounds like I need to send a few things over. Thankfully I can send a lot of it electronically as PDFs, but my payslips and the like will need to be posted before she goes to the appointment.

Thanks for the advice. Sorry to hear about your situation; I hope it is resolved soon.

J
Old Dec 18th 2018, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Partario is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Back once again. This time I have a question about the accommodation requirement that I was hoping someone could answer.

I'm currently renting a flat. For my supporting documents for the fiance visa application, I'm trying to get a letter from my property agency (on behalf of the landlord) as specified in the rules, but the agency is being awkward about it. The woman just sent me a copy of the tenancy agreement and said that contained all the information.

Now to be fair, this is probably right. And my fiancée is already listed as a "permitted occupier" in the tenancy agreement (when she arrives in the country she's to report to the property agency with passport/visa to register with them). So would this suffice on its own? Or is it important that I chase them to provide the letter as well? I wouldn't want to scupper the application by assuming the tenancy agreement would work on its own.

Thanks,
J

Last edited by Partario; Dec 18th 2018 at 10:28 am.
Old Dec 18th 2018, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partario
Hi everyone,

Back once again. This time I have a question about the accommodation requirement that I was hoping someone could answer.

And my fiancée is already listed as a "permitted occupier" in the tenancy agreement (when she arrives in the country she's to report to the property agency with passport/visa to register with them). So would this suffice on its own?

Thanks,
J
If she is already listed (named) as per above in the tenancy agreement, then that would suffice for proof of accommodation.