Returning to UK from US with wife

Old Jun 18th 2016, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

laupall is just really nicelaupall is just really nicelaupall is just really nicelaupall is just really nicelaupall is just really nicelaupall is just really nicelaupall is just really nicelaupall is just really nice
Default Returning to UK from US with wife

Hi,

My wife and I are thinking of moving to the UK. I'm a UK citizen she is a US citizen.

Firstly I was wondering how long the process takes to apply for her to come over here? I thought I read that it takes 12 weeks but maybe I'm wrong.

With regards to going down the savings route. Does the £62,500 have to be held completely in cash in the UK? Or can it be held in premium bonds/shares be that in the UK or the US? For example if i sell some shares which i have held for over 6 months does that not count because i haven't held them for 6 months as cash.

Thanks
Old Jun 18th 2016, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning to UK from US with wife

I am not clear on this but have a read of 7.4. of this
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf If you gave not already done so.
Old Jun 18th 2016, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

The process can take up to 12 weeks according to the UKVI web site. However it might take longer depending on the situation.

Paying for priority service can reduce the process to 4 around 4 weeks (sometimes less)
Old Jun 18th 2016, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

laupall is just really nicelaupall is just really nicelaupall is just really nicelaupall is just really nicelaupall is just really nicelaupall is just really nicelaupall is just really nicelaupall is just really nice

Thanks both of you for responding.

The pdf does make it a little bit clearer, but still doesn't mentioned about premium bonds.....although you think they would be fine being that they are backed by the Government.

SanDiegogirl - Is the priority service - priority service settlement?

Also dumb question but whats the exact visa I/she should be applying for is it settlement or settlement other dependent relative?! Seems like a huge difference in cost between the two.
Old Jun 18th 2016, 7:01 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Common sense would suggest that Premium Bonds, being British government bonds redeemable on demand for face (not "market") value, should be acceptable.

Unfortunately matters pertaining to immigration don't always follow common sense.
Old Jun 18th 2016, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely settlement! When you start the application form online, you will choose settlement, settlement, wife.