Returning Residents Visa with British Passport

Old Jun 10th 2018, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

indianbear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Returning Residents Visa with British Passport

Hi

I apologise if this question has been asked before but I am unable to find any thread related to my query.
Can I apply for a returning residents visa if I already have a British Passport?
The returning resident visa will be stamped on my other non-British Passport.
Does anyone have any experience with this specific process?

Thanks
IB
Old Jun 10th 2018, 1:52 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning Residents Visa with British Passport

Originally Posted by indianbear
Hi

I apologise if this question has been asked before but I am unable to find any thread related to my query.
Can I apply for a returning residents visa if I already have a British Passport?
The returning resident visa will be stamped on my other non-British Passport.
Does anyone have any experience with this specific process?

Thanks
IB
Can you explain why you'd want to do that?
Old Jun 10th 2018, 1:59 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning Residents Visa with British Passport

If you are a British citizen then you are ineligible for any kind of UK visa, so no. If you have never held a British passport before, but you are a British citizen, then you can apply for a Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of Abode in your non-British passport. However if you have held a British passport before then you cannot. If you are an Indian citizen and you possess a British passport then you are breaking Indian law as you are probably aware and you will need to surrender your Indian passport.