Returning resident queries

Old Jul 15th 2018, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

dumsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Returning resident queries

Hi,
I will really appreciate it if someone could explain to me why I was issued a leave to enter vignette despite the fact that that I applied as a returning resident. The thing is that I lost my passport which contains my indefinite leave to remain in the uk visa and I had to get a new passport in order to be able to return back to the UK with it. I decided to apply for a returning resident visa which was successful and was given a leave to enter vignette valid for 30 days and was told to collect my BRP at the post office when I arrive UK within 10days which I did. But when I collected my BRP it only stated leave to enter and the expiry date was the exact date my new passport expires which is almost 5 years. It also says work permitted. My main concern is that why didn't they put my indefinite leave to remain visa on my BRP but instead it was leave to enter that was put on my BRP. I have always lived in the UK since2007 when my ILR visa was given to me. I live with my husband and kids and and they all have ILR visa. I have never lived outside of the UK for over 2 years. I just travelled to Ghana for 2 weeks only but my passport got lost a day before I was meant to travel back to the UK. I am now in the UK but now am confused as to do I have to apply for another BRP in order for my ILR to be transferred or should I just leave it the was it is. Will I have a problem claiming any benefit even though my BRP doesn't state no recourse to public fund. Please I just want to know what to do next because I paid for a returning resident visa and not sure if I ha
Old Jul 15th 2018, 6:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning resident queries

Hi and welcome to BE

I'm sorry but this is the Welcome Inn for new members to introduce themselves to BE and for BE to introduce our forums to you.

You have asked a particular question which requires direct input and advice. It appears to me that you are problems with a UK. I've asked that your thread to be directed to the correct forum which is the Moving Back to the UK forum's immigration sub-forum. Some will be along in that forum to reply to your inquiry.
Old Jul 17th 2018, 12:32 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Rather an unnecessary expense but what's done is done. You have your BRP. What else does it say beyond 'Leave to Enter'? 'Indefinite Leave to Enter' by any chance? If so then its expiry date should match your passport. Consider applying to naturalise as a British citizen once you are eligible, if you are not already.
Old Jul 17th 2018, 6:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Rather an unnecessary expense but what's done is done. You have your BRP. What else does it say beyond 'Leave to Enter'? 'Indefinite Leave to Enter' by any chance? If so then its expiry date should match your passport. Consider applying to naturalise as a British citizen once you are eligible, if you are not already.

Hi,
Just leave to enter and the expiry dates matches the expiry date matches my passport that is why am so confused. With the leave to enter ,will I still be able to travel outside the UK as much as I like and enter without any problems. Thanks
Old Jul 17th 2018, 11:28 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dumsy
Hi,
Just leave to enter and the expiry dates matches the expiry date matches my passport that is why am so confused. With the leave to enter ,will I still be able to travel outside the UK as much as I like and enter without any problems. Thanks
Yes.
Old Jul 17th 2018, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Hi,
So w
Old Jul 17th 2018, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

Hi,
Thanks but how do I prove my immigration status to employers since I lost my passport with my visa endorsed in it and my BRP does not indicate or say that I have indefinite leave to remain in the UK. Do I wait for my present BRP to expire before I apply for a No Time Limit.
Old Jul 17th 2018, 2:31 pm

Hi,
Thanks but how do I prove my immigration status to employers since I lost my passport with my visa endorsed in it and my BRP does not indicate or say that I have indefinite leave to remain in the UK. Do I wait for my present BRP to expire before I apply for a No Time Limit.
Without being able to see your BRP I cannot give a definite answer. My advice is if you have held ILR since 2007 would be to apply to naturalise as a British citizen rather than continue to spend more money on visas.
Old Jul 17th 2018, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Without being able to see your BRP I cannot give a definite answer. My advice is if you have held ILR since 2007 would be to apply to naturalise as a British citizen rather than continue to spend more money on visas.
​​​​​
By the way you asked if there was something else on my BRP apart from Leave to enter. It also says work permitted but didn't really indicate how many hours and behind my BRP my national insurance number wasn't printed on it.
Old Jul 17th 2018, 2:57 pm

​​​​​
By the way you asked if there was something else on my BRP apart from Leave to enter. It also says work permitted but didn't really indicate how many hours and behind my BRP my national insurance number wasn't printed on it.
If it says 'Work permitted' then that's all you need to show to employers. In the meantime: https://www.gov.uk/british-citizenship
Old Jul 20th 2018, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

PLease what is the difference between leave to enter and limited leave to enter.
Old Jul 20th 2018, 5:53 pm

PLease what is the difference between leave to enter and limited leave to enter.
There's limited leave to enter and indefinite leave to enter. I suspect your BRP is for the latter.
Old Jul 30th 2018, 11:02 am
Just Joined

There's limited leave to enter and indefinite leave to enter. I suspect your BRP is for the latter.
This was part of the letter I received from the Home office when I applied for a returning resident visa. That was why I wasn't sure whether leave to enter meant

From the Home office
I would have have to apply for a NTL. I have attached it to this email. Kindly open it as I await for a reply. Thanks
Old Jul 30th 2018, 11:05 am

You could apply for NTL or just apply to naturalise. I know what my preference would be.
Old Jul 30th 2018, 11:37 am
Just Joined

If I don't apply for a NTL since I applied for a returning resident visa and was successful and granted leave to enter the UK, But does my previous resident permit remain the same which is indefinite leave to remain in the UK. I don't intend to apply for naturalisation yet(CITIZENSHIP) because don't have the cash yet. I will pls I need your advice Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.