Wikiposts

returning home with israeli passport!

Old Oct 7th 2013, 6:04 am
Just Joined

boboafc is an unknown quantity at this point
Post returning home with israeli passport!

hi everyone new here ,i am returning home to manchester after 30years living in israel i have a british passport but its out of date ,so i will be flying over with a israeli passport will i have problems at passport control and should i show my birth certificate ? anyone help me please thanks bob of oldham athletic
Old Oct 7th 2013, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: returning home with israeli passport!

You should contact the consulate before you travel you can actually apply for an emergency travel document which wont take as long as renewing your passport. I would only travel with a current passport.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 7:14 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boboafc
hi everyone new here ,i am returning home to Manchester after 30years living in israel i have a British passport but its out of date ,so i will be flying over with a Israeli passport will i have problems at passport control and should i show my birth certificate ? anyone help me please thanks bob of oldham athletic
As long as your Israeli passport is current you'll be OK to travel, and showing your expired British passport to immigration is sufficient to establish your citizenship; also having your birth certificate won't do any harm.

This question is asked regularly in the US and Canadian forums, and the above advice is consistent with the usual advice, which can be summarized as "British citizens will not be denied entry to the UK for lack of a current British passport."
Old Oct 7th 2013, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute

The only problem you may have is with the airline. If you have a one way ticket they may not let you fly with the expired UK passport. The Israeli passport would not allow you to stay permanently in the UK. Some airlines are stricter than others, I know BA wont let you fly one way without current documents that allow you entry to the country you are flying to.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 5:58 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Generally speaking if you're intending just to visit then travelling on your Israeli passport will be fine. If your intention is to return to the UK permanently I would renew your British passport before you leave.

When did your British passport expire?
Old Oct 8th 2013, 8:27 am
Just Joined

boboafc is an unknown quantity at this point

my British passport expire? 10years ago ,but i got contact with the british embasey they said i can go back with israeli passport and take my birth certificate with me