Resident return visa

Old Feb 9th 2014, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Emiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of light
Default Resident return visa

Any help please.
Proof of strong family ties!
Does that mean evidence of siblings and family members etc...??
Little confused .
Thanks
Old Feb 9th 2014, 10:35 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resident return visa

Resident return visa ... for what country?

If you mean returning resident entry clearance for the United Kingdom, anecdotally, it seems that these applications are routinely refused. So you would need an immigration solicitor, one who has successfully handled returning resident cases.

Last edited by JAJ; Feb 9th 2014 at 10:38 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Emiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of light

Yes I do have a solicitor and she seems to think I have a good case..
Was just after maybe an answer as it was the weekend and not being able to get in touch with solicitor..
Any ideas.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

But now I must admit after reading a few posts that these applications are refused.i am getting a bit worried whether this is the right route to take.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 8:04 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emiric
But now I must admit after reading a few posts that these applications are refused.i am getting a bit worried whether this is the right route to take.
I suppose the obvious question is did you have ILR when you left the UK and if the answer is yes then how long have you been away?
Old Feb 10th 2014, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Yes she did have ILR and yes we have been out of the country 5 years.
She did live in the UK for 7.5 years and our children were born there.
Dont know if there have been many successful visas granted via the resident return route..
Old Feb 10th 2014, 1:11 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, if you do a search on this board for "Returning Resident" visa, the advice is mostly that this is "the" most difficult visa.

I've always heard that the applicant (i.e. your wife) must have very strong ties, that is family ties of her own that are not your (the British spouse's) family. Things like an active business she owns and participates in, owned property, etc. I've also heard that the more visits--and longer visits--she made back to the UK in the intervening time period lived overseas the better.

In my several years here on BE, I've only heard of one successful RR visa application. It might be helpful for you to read through it. Here's the thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...+resident+visa
Old Feb 11th 2014, 2:23 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I do have a solicitor and she seems to think I have a good case..
Has your solicitor handled these cases successfully before? If so, I would be guided by her advice. In general, (based on experiences on forum) these applications are rarely successful. But having said that, the unsuccessful cases are usually self-prepared.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=WEBlue;11121735]Yes, if you do a search on this board for "Returning Resident" visa, the advice is mostly that this is "the" most difficult visa.

I've always heard that the applicant (i.e. your wife) must have very strong ties, that is family ties of her own that are not your (the British spouse's) family. Things like an active business she owns and participates in, owned property, etc. I've also heard that the more visits--and longer visits--she made back to the UK in the intervening time period lived overseas the better.

In my several years here on BE, I've only heard of one successful RR visa application. It might be helpful for you to read through it. Here's the thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...+resident+visa[/QUO

Thankyou for the site
good to read
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

I did call the solicitor she said she had advised before but never heard back if they were successful. Im going to get a second opinion today. Dont want a denied visa im sure that wont help any future applications.
I must admit B/E seems to be much more knowledgeable.

She told me i need to :

Give reasons why leaving the UK.
Reasons why coming back & evidence in my case of Limited company
Evidence of strong family ties

Thanks for all your posts by the way.