Requirements for job offer

Old Jan 9th 2017, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Steve Junion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Requirements for job offer

Oh really?! Thanks for the quick response. In Appendix one it asks for a NHI number which i won't be getting until i get to the UK. I hope its ok to state that on the application?
Old Jan 9th 2017, 8:32 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve Junion
Oh really?! Thanks for the quick response. In Appendix one it asks for a NHI number which i won't be getting until i get to the UK. I hope its ok to state that on the application?
Do you mean a National Insurance Number? Just leave it blank if you don't have one.
Old Jan 10th 2017, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

I'm a bit confused about Appendix 1 for my kids. In particular question 2.16 where it states the following

If you are applying for Indefinite Leave to Enter, has your sponsor completed and signed the Sponsorship Undertaking Form...
First i have heard of this form?? Surely I don't need to do yet another form? Do my kids get ILR, I'm not even sure on that.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

Well I submitted everything today. THe processing times in this part of the world are usually quick so it shouldn't be too long. I ended up submitting a ridiculous amount of paperwork, probably overkill but best to send too much than too little i guess.

Was somewhat amused that they require you to include a pre paid courier bag as part of the application so they can send stuff back. You would think the huge fee would cover the few dollars of cost for that....sheesh.
Old Jan 16th 2017, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

So they have already got back to me saying I need to pay a IHS surcharge for my kids. During the online application it said I didn't need to pay....so confusing. I'm guessing it's because they don't qualify yet for IRL.
Old Jan 16th 2017, 11:43 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve Junion
So they have already got back to me saying I need to pay a IHS surcharge for my kids. During the online application it said I didn't need to pay....so confusing. I'm guessing it's because they don't qualify yet for IRL.
What precisely have you been told and by whom?

If your wife is applying for settlement at the same time then your children should be granted ILE so therefore will be exempt from paying the IHS. I'm assuming they are still under 18.

This previous thread is relevant to your situation.
Old Jan 16th 2017, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Here's the text
Dear Applicant

We have noted that you have registered at the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) portal. However, you have not paid the required IHS.

What you need to do next

• Log on to your existing IHS record and pay the correct IHS fee at this link - [removed] . Please be advised that only those children applying for indefinite leave to enter/ remain (ILE/ ILR) are exempt from the health surcharge - https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigr...ou-need-to-pay

[Our records show that you have been granted limited leave to remain in the UK. If your chlid’s application is successful, she will be issued in line with the validity of your current leave in the UK.]
They do give an email, i will try replying to it and see what happens.