Requirements for job offer

Old Jan 6th 2017, 9:52 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Requirements for job offer

Something that came to mind while reading this thread Steve. You've said that the job offer you'll be using to meet the financial requirements is a 9 month contract and pays 25,200 pro rata.

Is 25,200 the actual amount you will be paid for the 9 months work, or is 25,200 the annual salary and you're receiving a pro-rata amount? If it's the latter, you'd be receiving three-quarters of 25,200 which is 18,900.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

Steve Junion is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Yes it is only pro rata so you may be correct? Although it's ten months. I had thought of that though, and am going to include an option to combine cash savings and income which is another option on the form. As far as I can see you can fill in any part of the form you think you qualify under, so if I don't qualify under total income I should at least qualify under income and cash savings making up the difference.

Although looking at the equation under the guidance I'm not really sure how to work out how much savings I need to meet the requirement. Sigh...

We have cash savings of about 20,000 to 25,000 pounds and that ten month income works out to be around 20,500 pounds so surely that's enough. The guidance only gives guidance on the spouse and doesn't mention any kids so I don't know how to modify it. I also could sell my NZ house and get a bucket of money but I don't want to do that, nor do I have the time to do it.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

I emailed the UK Immigration Service at that webpage email form asking if the 25200 needs to be over the entire year or if the offer just needs to be over the 24800 threshold and length doesn't matter, and got the most unhelpful reply ever. I still don't know but will assume it needs to be over the 12 months unless i hear otherwise (always pays to be negative with this type of stuff...)
Old Jan 7th 2017, 7:38 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve Junion
I emailed the UK Immigration Service at that webpage email form asking if the 25200 needs to be over the entire year or if the offer just needs to be over the 24800 threshold and length doesn't matter, and got the most unhelpful reply ever. I still don't know but will assume it needs to be over the 12 months unless i hear otherwise (always pays to be negative with this type of stuff...)
Sorry to give you an extra headache Steve! I can't help with the calculation of income and savings, as I got my spouse visa based on savings alone (one of the few advantages of being an old chook)

There are some very clever and knowledgeable people who will no doubt be along later in the day to help you out with this. One way or another you'll be fine, at least you have the house as a back up if necessary.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 1:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

As long as your contract states that you have been employed at a job earning 25,200 per annum, the fact that you are on a fixed contract for 10 months will not be a problem.

Several folks on forums have been employed on fixed contracts shorter than one year and have obtained the visa. The important thing is that at time of application you have been offered the job at the necessary financial level for your situation and it starts within three months of your return.

If I understand correctly you are applying on the basis you have a current job earning the necessary financial level AND you have a job offer in the UK.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, thanks again for your help. Yes I definitely meet the financial requirements from the NZ side of things. I just am not sure about the 25200 -10 month contract side of things in the UK. So that's ok then? That's good if so.

So, about document submissions, does this sound about correct?

- Appendix 2 and appendix 1 (for kids) forms
- NZ Passports for wife and two kids
- Passport photos for them (not sure if required since they say they take photos at the biometric place, but should do it anyway?)
- Certified copy of my passport (not sure if required, but should do it anyway?)
- Job offer in writing with salary and start date from the UK (letter in pdf form with their company letterhead and signed by an HR employe)

- Marriage certificate, birth certificates for kids
- Pay slips from current NZ employee over six months with my employee details on them
- 6 months of bank statements and savings etc stamped by a bank official

Also, I ned to be in the UK in 5 weeks or so, so I think the timing would be too tight for them to get a visa by then? The processing times are good for Auckland but still seems a push. There's no issue if they follow me a few weeks later is there?

Last edited by Steve Junion; Jan 7th 2017 at 9:05 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 9:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, thanks again for your help. Yes I definitely meet the financial requirements from the NZ side of things. I just am not sure about the 25200 -10 month contract side of things in the UK. So that's ok then? That's good if so.

So, about document submissions, does this sound about correct?

- Appendix 2 and appendix 1 (for kids) forms
- NZ Passports for wife and two kids
- Certified copy of my passport (not sure if required, but should do it anyway?)
- Job offer in writing with salary and start date from the UK (letter in pdf form with their company letterhead and signed by an HR employe)

- Marriage certificate, birth certificates for kids
- Pay slips from current NZ employee over six months with my employee details on them
- 6 months of bank statements and savings etc stamped by a bank official
Accommodation evidence
Introductory letter from sponsor

Don't forget that when you do the online application you will, at same time be told to pay the NHS surcharge. Write down the confirmatory ID number and put with your papers.

Take copies of the original documents and make second package to be sent with original documents.

You do not need to copy all of your passport - just the bio page.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

I'm working on the accommodation. Looking at the guidance, I need at least a two bedroom flat.

2 adults (1 room), plus kids under 10 count as half people (so 1 room for two kids).

If I need to go before them for a few weeks, that is ok I take it?
Old Jan 7th 2017, 10:15 pm
Concierge

I'm working on the accommodation. Looking at the guidance, I need at least a two bedroom flat.

2 adults (1 room), plus kids under 10 count as half people (so 1 room for two kids).

If I need to go before them for a few weeks, that is ok I take it?
As the British Citizen sponsor, you can enter the UK at any time. Once your wife and kids have their visas, they can only enter at the same time as you or after you.

When your wife applies for her visa (and the kids), she needs to nominate a date when she will enter the UK. They must enter within 30 days after that nominated date and collect a Biometric Residence Permit.

Sounds like you're getting there, best of luck with the application.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Is it 30 days from the date you nominated or 30 days from the issue of the visa itself?
Old Jan 7th 2017, 11:52 pm
Concierge

Is it 30 days from the date you nominated or 30 days from the issue of the visa itself?
Don't know, wasn't relevant to my application. If you do a search on this forum you'll find the info.
Old Jan 8th 2017, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, guess I'll know soon enough.

I hope the case officers aren't....sticklers and refuse you immediately for a single bit of missed or wrong info. Would seem overly harsh considering the extreme fees they charge.
Old Jan 8th 2017, 2:41 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Whichever is later.
Old Jan 9th 2017, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Now I am stuck on the appendix 2 form. I'm trying to do the one for my kids but I'm not sure which part to fill in. I looked at the guidance and see the following...

Where the applicant is a child, references to “applicant” should be read as appropriate to refer to the applicant’s parent, and references to “partner” should be read as appropriate to refer to the applicant’s parent’s partner.
So...for the financial requirement part of that form I can just fill it in the same as I did for my wife? There's also a section Part 4 - Maintenance for those exempt from the Financial Requirements. I cannot find any guidance on this but I think I don't need to do this as my kids aren;t UK Citizens and therefore not exempt???
Old Jan 9th 2017, 8:05 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The financial requirements from Appendix 2 don't apply separately to your children as they will be included in the figure required for your wife. You only need to include one Appendix 2.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.