Requirements for job offer

Old Jan 4th 2017, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Steve Junion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Requirements for job offer

Hi everyone

I was lucky enough to receive a job offer for 25000 (pro rata) pounds from a reputable tertiary institution for a fixed term of 9 months (I'm based outside the UK).

I guess my question is, does this qualify me under the financial obligations for my wife and two kids? As far as I can see, I needed 24000 so it is over but does the fixed term length impact that?

Also, I'm not going to receive the contract for another week or two, so is the formal offer over email acceptable? It has the salary amount on it and start date, or do i need to ask them to email me the offer on their organisations letterhead?

Thanks.

Last edited by Steve Junion; Jan 4th 2017 at 9:13 pm.
Old Jan 4th 2017, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Requirements for job offer

Also, is this the correct form for proof of income?

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...-Appendix2.pdf

So many forms and details, really gets confusing. Can see why people get consultants to do this for them.
Old Jan 4th 2017, 9:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Appendix 2 is the form you need to show your financial evidence.

An e-mail "offer' is probably not going to suffice.

Personally, I would get a formal offer on company letter head, with full details of job, salary, type.

The fixed term will not affect the application.

Presume, of course, that you have a current job earning 24,800 if you are going to apply from wherever it is you live now to be able to move over all together.
Old Jan 4th 2017, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you very much. Yes the salary is 25200 so it's just over luckily.

I will ask them to send me the offer with the company letterhead.

Last question, I have to do their application online so how do i get that form to them? Does she just bring it to the interview? Sorry if that's a dumb question.
Old Jan 4th 2017, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

As I understand it you are applying for settlement visas for your wife and two children:

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk

There is no interview, although during the process your wife (and children?) will need to have their biometrics (fingerprints etc) taken.

Here is a link to how to apply for a visa from New Zealand.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...in-new-zealand

The Appendix 2 form is included with all your other documentation (passports, passport pictures, marriage certificate, accommodation proof, financial proof, payslips, job offer/contract etc etc) which, according to the link, is sent to the local office in Auckland
Old Jan 5th 2017, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

Thanks very much for all you help. That link was useful, now I know the steps. I wasn't aware the online part is really only to capture your information but not the entire process. Good to know for the future. Cheers.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

Sorry I do have one more question. For the visa online, do I need to make a separate application for my wife and two kids? Or do I do just one for my wife and they also do the kids as part of that application (they do ask for their passport details in that application). The difference in cost is significant obviously.

Also, on the financial requirements form (appendix 2) it asks for a UK address but I don't have one yet. I just know the city we are going to. Can I just say "to be advised?"?

Last edited by Steve Junion; Jan 6th 2017 at 6:24 am.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 7:46 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You'll need to make a separate application for each family member.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Thank you. I'm just wondering, as part of the application am I able to also get ILR for my two children? I am a UK citizen by descent so I can't pass on my information. I was thinking of including this form along with the application

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...rship-form.pdf
Old Jan 6th 2017, 2:57 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Your children will receive Indefinite Leave to Enter. Form SU07 is not required in your circumstances.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Steve Junion
Sorry I do have one more question. For the visa online, do I need to make a separate application for my wife and two kids? Or do I do just one for my wife and they also do the kids as part of that application (they do ask for their passport details in that application). The difference in cost is significant obviously.

Also, on the financial requirements form (appendix 2) it asks for a UK address but I don't have one yet. I just know the city we are going to. Can I just say "to be advised?"?
No.... you have to have proof of accommodation. If you know where your job is you'll need to rent somewhere.

You won't get a visa without somewhere to live when you enter the country.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
No.... you have to have proof of accommodation. If you know where your job is you'll need to rent somewhere.

You won't get a visa without somewhere to live when you enter the country.
Would a hotel be suitable for accommodation?
Old Jan 6th 2017, 7:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Would a hotel be suitable for accommodation?
No.... you need longer term (unless the hotel IS a long term hotel).

If you have no family or friends you can stay with, then consider a vacation rental for a few months.

The last thing the authorities want is for you and family to be homeless.

As you are coming back to a job, would the company not help out with suggestions for accommodation?
Old Jan 6th 2017, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Hmm, how about my brother in Scotland? The job itself is in southern England but technically only I need to go there first. If I put my brothers address would they consider that acceptable or too far from my place of work?
Old Jan 6th 2017, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hmm, how about my brother in Scotland? The job itself is in southern England but technically only I need to go there first. If I put my brothers address would they consider that acceptable or too far from my place of work?
Questionable...... why can't you organise accommodation near to your work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.