Wikiposts

renewing brit passport after swearing ozy

Old Mar 21st 2004, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

stevedams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default renewing brit passport after swearing ozy

Can I renew my british passport after becoming an australian citizen and apply for an australian passport at the sam time? I as k this because at the end of the C1 application form it asks you to sign a declaration stating that I am a british subject (am I?). It also states I must not applying for another passport while applying for the brit passport.
Have I got the wrong form or what?
Am I automatically british/australian now that I've sworn ozy?
Why can't I apply for a renewal while obtaining an Oz passport?
Sorry bout the babble ...can anyone enlighten me?
Old Mar 21st 2004, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: renewing brit passport after swearing ozy

Originally posted by stevedams
Can I renew my british passport after becoming an australian citizen and apply for an australian passport at the sam time? I as k this because at the end of the C1 application form it asks you to sign a declaration stating that I am a british subject (am I?). It also states I must not applying for another passport while applying for the brit passport.
Because you have dual citizenship, UK and Oz, you can have both passports. I renewed my UK passport after obtaining a Aussie passport. Applications for obtaining/renewing each passport are separate issues - so it shouldn't cause you a problem. To double check, why not call the British Consulate(?) in Canberra?

I can't help you with:"It also states I must not applying for another passport while applying for the brit passport." Not sure why it says that.... Are you sure it isn't referring to multiple simultaneous applications for the same (ie UK) passport?

Last edited by MikeStanton; Mar 21st 2004 at 9:13 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2004, 9:27 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: renewing brit passport after swearing ozy

Originally posted by stevedams
You are a British and an Australian citizen. That entitles to a passport of both countries.

As MS says they are on about dual British passport applications.