Renewing 2 child passports from the US

Old Jan 31st 2015, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Bnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Renewing 2 child passports from the US

I am about to renew british passports for my sons. Their first passports were issued when one was 2 years old and the other 3 months. They are 9 and 7 now.

Questions...

Should I provide additional non passport pictures to show their 'growth'. I read the passport thread for 'Children born abroad' and there was a request for this from the passport office. I did wonder even before reading the thread whether there would be a problem.

Also can I send documents for both applications in one packet? Save on DHL at least for the packet to the passport office.

Any thoughts or experiences?

Thanks!

Last edited by Bnet36; Jan 31st 2015 at 1:26 am. Reason: Add more info
Old Jan 31st 2015, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice
Default Re: Renewing 2 child passports from the US

Originally Posted by Bnet36
I am about to renew british passports for my sons. Their first passports were issued when one was 2 years old and the other 3 months. They are 9 and 7 now.

Questions...

Should I provide additional non passport pictures to show their 'growth'. I read the passport thread for 'Children born abroad' and there was a request for this from the passport office. I did wonder even before reading the thread whether there would be a problem.

Also can I send documents for both applications in one packet? Save on DHL at least for the packet to the passport office.

Thanks!
Yes, they usually ask for pictures such as those as 'proofs' of identity. They even require them to be 'year by year' since the applicant's birth.

My advice is to just send everything that you think would able be needed for your children's passports. The worst thing that HMPO would do anyway is to just send it back to you after the passport application had been processed. Plus there's a big chance they'll ask for further documents anyway which includes the pictures you just said.

Regarding the packets, it would be best if you use two so that it will be easier for them to identify which documents is for which child. It might confused them if the documents are mixed up, which might lead to some complications.

Oh and I'm one of the posters in 'Children born abroad.'

Best of luck!
Old Jan 31st 2015, 7:54 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Questions...

Thanks!
No idea about growth photos. You can send the applications together. No problem.
Old Feb 1st 2015, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Bnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knighstrike
Yes, they usually ask for pictures such as those as 'proofs' of identity. They even require them to be 'year by year' since the applicant's birth.

My advice is to just send everything that you think would able be needed for your children's passports. The worst thing that HMPO would do anyway is to just send it back to you after the passport application had been processed. Plus there's a big chance they'll ask for further documents anyway which includes the pictures you just said.

Regarding the packets, it would be best if you use two so that it will be easier for them to identify which documents is for which child. It might confused them if the documents are mixed up, which might lead to some complications.

Oh and I'm one of the posters in 'Children born abroad.'

Best of luck!
Thanks Knightstrike, it was your post I read I think, with all hustle of getting passports. I haven't read the update but I hope you are further along the process.
Old Feb 1st 2015, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 37100
No idea about growth photos. You can send the applications together. No problem.
Thanks 37100!
Old Feb 1st 2015, 3:09 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knighstrike
That's more likely in a jurisdiction with a real or perceived high risk of fraud. Less likely in the United States. Also, less likely for a renewal compared to a first passport application.
Old Feb 1st 2015, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice

Originally Posted by JAJ
That's more likely in a jurisdiction with a real or perceived high risk of fraud. Less likely in the United States. Also, less likely for a renewal compared to a first passport application.
Oh yeah, I thought it was for a first time passport application.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

No, it's a renewal. My youngest's photo is of him sleeping, almost fresh from the hospital. With all the new regulations I couldn't help but wonder.

Well I still have time before we head home so as long as they don't mess us about too much I can send additional information if requested.
Old Feb 17th 2015, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just a quick update on passport processing times. I sent both passport renewal applications for my boys in the same package via FedEx (slow service) on February 4 and on Sunday February 16 I received a text from DHL that a package would be delivered Monday. Due to weather conditions I received the packages today.

A little disappointed that one package had my oldest son's new passport and the other package his supporting documents. Nothing for my youngest so now I am wondering if they will ask for photos showing his growth which won't be difficult I just hate the back and forth. Anyway no big deal ..... Yet.
Old Feb 17th 2015, 10:15 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quick update on passport processing times. I sent both passport renewal applications for my boys in the same package via FedEx (slow service) on February 4 and on Sunday February 16 I received a text from DHL that a package would be delivered Monday. Due to weather conditions I received the packages today.

A little disappointed that one package had my oldest son's new passport and the other package his supporting documents. Nothing for my youngest so now I am wondering if they will ask for photos showing his growth which won't be difficult I just hate the back and forth. Anyway no big deal ..... Yet.
Unlikely given your eldest had his passport renewed no problem. If you making a first time application from Iraq or Pakistan you might be asked but not a renewal from the US for a passport that expired two years ago.
Old Feb 17th 2015, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

I hope so BritinParis, I really hope so.

I was surprised how quick they were processing the first one though.
Old Feb 18th 2015, 7:18 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

They send the passports back in different packages. Younger son is probably just further down the line for printing because they are processed separately.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 37100
They send the passports back in different packages. Younger son is probably just further down the line for printing because they are processed separately
I will wait patiently..
Old Mar 24th 2015, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

A quick update;

I am still waiting for my youngest son's passport. My sister who is in England did phone them for an update and they said that's how it goes sometimes. What a difference in processing time?? I am trying to be patient but this is crazy. One package...
Old Mar 25th 2015, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

whatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of light

QQ, did you have to get the pics countersigned?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.