Renewal of Spouse Visa

Old Jan 24th 2019, 10:58 am
Just Joined

johnformby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renewal of Spouse Visa

Hi,

I am a British Citizen and my wife is from Ghana. We applied for a spouse visa back in 2016, which was successful and we moved here in November 2016. We are on the 5-year route and will need to apply again this year for an extension of the visa. We have 2 kids, who will be 4 and 2 when we apply and we meet the financial requirements with my salary. I just have a few questions:

1. What form do we need to complete & how much will this cost? I saw on one gov.uk page is was saying £1033 and £2389 on another. I remember the first application being closer to the £1000 amount, so hoping it will be that one.
2. Will we need to pay the health surcharge?
3. Will she need to go through the medical tests and English language exam again?
4. How long in advance do we need to apply

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

John
Old Jan 24th 2019, 12:25 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewal of Spouse Visa

1. You complete the online form for applicants in the UK. The fee is £1033.
2. Yes.
3. No, providing her last English language test was at level A2 or higher.
4. You should be applying no more than 28 days before the expiry date of her current BRP.
Old Jan 24th 2019, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

johnformby is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply.

We spent the first year in the UK living with my parents until we found a house of our own. As soon as we got our own place, both my wife and I are on all the bills etc. My wife opened a bank account as soon as she arrived here and we have a joint credit card. We have loads of family photos for the entire period.

I know we have to provide documentary evidence for the entire period we have been here, but should I be concerned that there are no utility bills for the first year?

Kind Regards,

John
Old Jan 24th 2019, 3:30 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Not particularly. Provide what you have and write a covering letter explaining what’s been happening over the last 2.5 years.
Old Jul 30th 2019, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

newyorktolondon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Brit in Paris, you are so knowledgeable and I so appreciate reading your advice.

I have a question: I have just finished one year on my spouse visa, and have bank statements for my year, however my husband's statements and utility bills (it is just his name on the utility bills, other than the council tax bill which is joint) are all electronic as he does direct debit. Is there a way to "officially" print these so they are acceptable proof?

Additionally, am I correct in thinking that in order to renew the visa, a savings account in either my name, or his name of over 16,000 pounds will satisfy the financial requirement? I remember it being a lot higher when I applied at no less than 65,000 pounds, have they changed this rule?

thank you
Old Jul 30th 2019, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

There have not been any changes to the financial rules.

If you are applying using savings ONLY you need 62,500 GBP..........
Old Jul 31st 2019, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by newyorktolondon
Hi Brit in Paris, you are so knowledgeable and I so appreciate reading your advice.

I have a question: I have just finished one year on my spouse visa, and have bank statements for my year, however my husband's statements and utility bills (it is just his name on the utility bills, other than the council tax bill which is joint) are all electronic as he does direct debit. Is there a way to "officially" print these so they are acceptable proof?
Yes. Simply ask your banks, utilities and council to switch to paper billing.

Additionally, am I correct in thinking that in order to renew the visa, a savings account in either my name, or his name of over 16,000 pounds will satisfy the financial requirement? I remember it being a lot higher when I applied at no less than 65,000 pounds, have they changed this rule?

thank you
If you wish to meet the financial requirements through cash savings then you will need to show you have held at least £62,500 for the last six months before submission in either your name, your husband’s name or individually. This is the same as when you applied the first time.